Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Had the 40 series flowmaster installed today it sounds fantastic.
The shop cut out my factory one and installed the flowmaster 40 for 150.00 bucks.

Could not see spending around 800.00 bucks for the cat back system from either flowmaster or magnaflow.

Now only left to do is the super charger and the 4.56 gear.:)

Dont know if this correct but the truck feels like it pulls harder now with the flowmaster

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
twinsticks said:
The shop cut out my factory one and installed the flowmaster 40 for 150.00 bucks.

Could not see spending around 800.00 bucks for the cat back system from either flowmaster or magnaflow.

Dont know if this correct but the truck feels like it pulls harder now with the flowmaster
Pulls even harder with the full system

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,777 Posts
twinsticks said:

seems like quite a gap between a flowmaster muffler and a supercharger.

P/P

Peace:flag

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
5,945 Posts
Does anyone have a sound clip from a before and after exhaust so we can hear what the different exhausts sound like? Flowmaster, Borla, Magnaflow, etc all have different sounds and I'd be curious what they sound like on the SSR.

:seeya

·
Registered
330 Posts
The Flowmaster catback system comes with a special muffler for the SSR application only. I believe it's based on a 50 Series but with some unique changes. Sound is wonderfully mellow however. Not too loud but a tad louder than stock. Never annoying.
Ken

·
Registered
111 Posts
Flowmaster cat-Back?

·
Registered
111 Posts
Does your cat-back system have a cross-over pipe?

·
Registered
330 Posts
Bill Bogert said:
Does your cat-back system have a cross-over pipe?
Bill,
The Flowmaster cat-back package is not a true dual system, so it does not have an x-pipe. Don't know if they offer a complete dual system or not.
Ken

·
Registered
904 Posts
twinsticks said:

If you are going to put that much money in your SSR you should have went with the cat back system for the SSR, Bigger pipe, Better bends, More hp, More sound, I have the 50 series that come with the kit and untill the engine warms up forget about trying to talk or use the radio, It is LOUD but sounds mean and of coruse it is mean, It got louder after the headers and rockers, Sounds good when you smoke the tires all way through 1st. At the strip everyone says they love the sound of my truck going down the 1/4 mile, They say they know it is me without looking

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
DAMPA, Click on features at the top and then click on sound clips. It's in my favorites so I can access it quickly. Trying to decide which one I like best. :seeya

·
Registered
25 Posts
Woohoo - thanks. Don't know how I missed it. It is a tough job to pick a sound. It would have been nice if they had put all the different mufflers on the same car. All cars just don't sound the same. I would like something in between the 40 series and the 40 series delta flow. The sound clip of the super 40 is really ragged. Might not sound like that on something else. We need to head some clips from some of our members that have made the change. That would be really great.

·
Registered
3,003 Posts
:agree
Dampa said:
Woohoo - thanks. Don't know how I missed it. It is a tough job to pick a sound. It would have been nice if they had put all the different mufflers on the same car. All cars just don't sound the same. I would like something in between the 40 series and the 40 series delta flow. The sound clip of the super 40 is really ragged. Might not sound like that on something else. We need to head some clips from some of our members that have made the change. That would be really great.
:agree

·
Registered
131 Posts
Dampa said:
I went to www.flowmastermufflers.com and did not find anywhere to listen to their mufflers. Where should I look?
On the opening page,right above accessores is ,Features,click on features and
you will see sound clips.The 50 series sound like the Magnaflow i have on my
truck.I bought mine#12198 at Performancepeddler.com.The list price i is about
110.00,sell price 86.00.At the bottom of the page were #12198 IS listed,you
can make a best offer.I made a offer of 75.00 and got it with free shipping and
no tax.Check it out...........

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Double-L said:
If you are going to put that much money in your SSR you should have went with the cat back system for the SSR, Bigger pipe, Better bends, More hp, More sound, I have the 50 series that come with the kit and untill the engine warms up forget about trying to talk or use the radio, It is LOUD but sounds mean and of coruse it is mean, It got louder after the headers and rockers, Sounds good when you smoke the tires all way through 1st. At the strip everyone says they love the sound of my truck going down the 1/4 mile, They say they know it is me without looking

Makes me think now that after I do the supercharger I will have to go with the cat back system or a custom dual do get the max power out of my truck.

After driving my truck for a few days it sounds great from in the cab but does not sound much louder then the stock set up under full power.

You hear more motor than exhaust

1 - 19 of 19 Posts