Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, im getting my flowmaster super40 muffler put in thursday. i did a search and i guess no one uses these on here? i heard one on a different 5.3L truck and it had a nice classic ring to it. very sweet!

i am also working on getting some wheels..just doing homework to find out which ones i like. what is the stock bolt pattern on our trucks? 6 lug?

·
Registered
172 Posts
wheels

Hey Bud,
First of all thank you for what you do for this country. I'm a vet and I say that I'm sick of all the panty waste liberal turds that won't shut up about how to run this country but won't pick up a weapon and stand watch either. Cherish these years that you are serving because later your going to look back and miss them. Be proud that you are not a pantywaste turd.

To answer your question the best place to go is the search feature on the site. Just put in a buzz word like "wheels" or "bolt pattern". A bunch of threads will appear and you can scan through them. There is a TON of info on this site right at your fingertips.

Enjoy your SSR and good luck with the snapper.
Z :cool

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I put the Flowmaster 50 on mine, sweet sound. I have the 5.3 L plus the shop can just cut the factory muffler out and install the flowmaster. Since the stock exahust sytem is nice except the sound....

·
Registered
54 Posts
What model number?

Hey folks,

Do any of you with the aftermarket mufflers have a model number that worked for you?

Thanks.

Michael
efxguy

·
Registered
254 Posts
I chose MAGNAFLOW over

FLOWMASTER, because the muffler shop guy has to make good on mufflers that are flawed, etc., and he said he had some Flowmaster mufflers come back on him, but never a Magnaflow. I love the sound of it....it isn't quite as loud as the Flowmaster which suits me just fine 'cause it is certainly loud enough! The unit I had installed is the #12198 Magnaflow......it has a single 3-inch inlet which is compatible with my SuperMaxx headers, and has two outlets @ 2.5 inches each which will tie directly into the existing tailpipes. I am pleased with the installation. GO FOR IT! :seeya

·
Registered
3,417 Posts
We have 2 Flowmaster 40's on ours (made custom true dual exhaust). They sound great - yes they're loud, but driving is more fun with sound effects! ;)

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The model numer is Simple they have 40 series 50 series and 75 series... the 40's are the loudest....You can get a quote from any muffle shop for the muffler and the install, my total was $139 installed, took 20 min. The 50 is the middle and has a nice sound at idle and when you step on it comes alive. But quiet at highway crusing.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Zack said:
Hey Bud,
First of all thank you for what you do for this country. I'm a vet and I say that I'm sick of all the panty waste liberal turds that won't shut up about how to run this country but won't pick up a weapon and stand watch either. Cherish these years that you are serving because later your going to look back and miss them. Be proud that you are not a pantywaste turd.

To answer your question the best place to go is the search feature on the site. Just put in a buzz word like "wheels" or "bolt pattern". A bunch of threads will appear and you can scan through them. There is a TON of info on this site right at your fingertips.

Enjoy your SSR and good luck with the snapper.
Z :cool

hey buddy, thanks! :) im glad to see patriots stand up and take our side!
i did a search but i guess i didnt search correctly. i searched for wheels but i couldnt find much. ill try bolt pattern. normally my first thing is to search. i am all over car forums and that is all i ever do LOL!!

i am having a hard time choosing a nice wheel. i am considering milanni wheels but no one on here has any. i did a search and didnt find any. i dont think i want to spend the cash on the very expensive, custom ones. i dont want my truck jacked and then my wheels are gone. my insurance company is good about refunding me aftermarket components on cars. i think they would shat a brick if each wheel on my car cost 1k LOL!! :)

·
Registered
254 Posts
I found a local wheel-dealer

that ordered a set of after-market chromed, but OEM wheels (with new centers) for me. I had to wait about 4 weeks, but had use of my wheels while chrome ones were on order. When the chromes came in My tires were swapped onto the new rims and the painted ones were kept as "cores". Cost me $1,500 and didn't have me up on blocks for a month. I'll bet you can find a wheel-dealer there that will do that for you. My chromes were done in California and just look super!

P.S. I second those thanks for you GIs! :flag

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
awesome! i wonder where i can have these done. i considered getting the stockers chromed out or just buy them chrome off ebay or something. i will keep all this in consideration.

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,194 Posts
There are almost always a spare set of wheels coming available on this forum from one of our members. Buy a spare set of wheels and contact Discount Tire or America's tire Stores (I think) and they will get the spare set chromed while you drive on the ones you have. After you get them swapped out, put up the painted wheels for sale and recoup your investment. This will allow you to continue driving while the wheels are being chromed.....

Best of Luck, you have a lot of options.....

Mike

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
awesome, ill check out their wheel selection while i am at it. i have always loved american racing torque thrusts. i notice that they make them for trucks/suv's now but i dont think they will have what i am looking for (size wise)

·
Registered
47 Posts
Boyd Wheels

Look at Boyd Coddington's wheels-WWW.billetwheels.com-Any of the "Bitchin" series can be ordered to fit stock size tires. Discount Tire will order at much better than factory prices.

·
Registered
1,015 Posts
Ironmedic Try Santa Ana wheel in Aneheim, CA. Chromed exchange is $600 plus shipping. He will return a $1000 core charge when he gets your painted oem . I used them a few years ago for my Lightning with good results. They've been in business a long time I think.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts