Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2005 aqua blurr
1,635 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just received some of the Floyd's bling for under the hood the cap set and Fuse cover from my [email protected] engineering. what's the best way to attach these so they don't come off especially the fuse box cover

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,414 Posts
I have a few of Floyd's bling items on my R and was always impressed with the quality of his items. The chrome was top-notch and Floyd was a true gentleman to deal with. -- :smile2:

Thanks go to Mike Moro for selling the remaining items and giving the proceeds to Floyd's estate. He is a true Fanatic. Mike is also re-tooling some of the more popular items for us. Thumbs up Mike.

================
David :black:

images-10.jpeg

·
Registered
332 Posts
The Fuse Box cover I purchased has the removable raised SSR logo on top.

It may be over kill, but I removed the SSR logo, gently peeled back the label of Fuse locations a little to clear the mounting hole locations, mounted the Aluminum cover to Fuse Box Cover in position needed, and drilled through the plastic. I bought longer bolts to mount and tightened to the Fuse Box cover on the inside, counter sink the bolt heads, and glued the little bit of the Fuse Box label back in place.

I am confident this is not falling off along the highway.

Greg
:yellow:

·
Super Moderator
13,978 Posts
Floyd recommended using RTV (silicone) sealant/adhesive.

Mike
This is probably a good idea.
I bought a kit from Dragn2U (very nice also) but all the caps are attached with 2 sided tape.
I'm not worried about the water tank or fuse box covers but every time I remove a cap I do it rather gently as it is a worry the tape will fail

·
Premium Member
682 Posts
I have everything that Floyd made for under the hood engine compartment. I also used double sided tape and have not had a problem of something coming loose. Everything has been on the R for five years. I do not think I would drill holes In the plastic to try and hold something on, Not needed. Good luck

·
Premium Member
1,563 Posts
I bought several items from Floyd...Raised letters air box..ran 6 lines of double stick tape..never held..silicone adhesive sealant as suggested by Floyd worked...his products...top quality...

Attachments

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
We used heavy duty velcro for the caps and overflow bottle for when they are replaced. It saved a lot of work getting them off. Glad I didn't glue them on the caps !

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,496 Posts
We used heavy duty velcro for the caps and overflow bottle for when they are replaced. It saved a lot of work getting them off. Glad I didn't glue them on the caps !
WOW! thats what I like about this site--a lot of good different ideas! I already did our caps with Silicone but if they come loose I'll think about velcro.

Nick

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,933 Posts
WOW! thats what I like about this site--a lot of good different ideas! I already did our caps with Silicone but if they come loose I'll think about velcro. Nick
I learned to HATE silicone for Anything that had to come apart sooner or later. That stuff is made for a "One-Time Deal". It has the Lowest co-efficient of friction..... You can scrape it with a razor blade .... for Months ! It won't come clean. You can't Burn it off, there's no carbon in it. Maybe they got some New stuff out there to clean off old silicone, but it'll take time to get
er done. I liked the velcro because I could remove the Bling and grab the cap and Not have to worry about breaking the Bond of an "Adhesive" when twisting the caps, re-gluing could be a nightmare, too.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts