Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|

Interested in buying/finding a source for the noise reduction foam dealie that fills the gapping holes behind each seat and also fills the crack going across just inside back window.

Someone a while back did send me a PDF file for the template, but so far I've not pursued taking it to a graphics place to get a actual size printed up.

If someone has one, I'd like to see it and how it fits and does it indeed cut down the outside noise in the cab.

I already have done the sponge in the side vents trick.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
836 Posts
Orlando R Gang will have a few sound suppressors for sale. They are made from a high quality sound deadening material. We sold a few at the Daytona rally so I am sure that someone that purchased there can attest to the performance. Sold a few on another thread those will be shipped shortly. We are selling for $40.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Orlando R Gang will have a few sound suppressors for sale. They are made from a high quality sound deadening material. We sold a few at the Daytona rally so I am sure that someone that purchased there can attest to the performance. Sold a few on another thread those will be shipped shortly. We are selling for $40.
:nerd:
Can u direct me the other thread and/or how to find out more.:smile2:

·
BLU SSR
3,464 Posts
Sorry I missed this at Daytona , PLEASE put me down for one if someone is coming to Maggie and will be selling them there , if no one is bringing any to Maggie , please post shipping & cost to get one sent. Thanks , I am tired of stuffing pillows in the holes so I can hear the radio! SSReplay :blur:

·
Registered
1,065 Posts
Picked up one in Daytona works great cut noise down by maybe 80% and cut back a lot on loss of cool air with a/c on, guys did a great job on this. Would recommend getting one.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
836 Posts
I guess I should have said we will be selling at Maggie Valley looks like we have around 15 to sell. We will take orders once those are sold. We are working on finding the correct box for shipping so any of you all that have placed orders hang on we are almost there.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I guess I should have said we will be selling at Maggie Valley looks like we have around 15 to sell. We will take orders once those are sold. We are working on finding the correct box for shipping so any of you all that have placed orders hang on we are almost there.
:smile2:
Hello, I started this thread, be sure to put me down for one that would be available while in Maggie Valley and how/where to contact you to get it.:surprise:

·
Premium Member
5,879 Posts
Put SWT RYD down for one.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
I guess I should have said we will be selling at Maggie Valley looks like we have around 15 to sell...
...how/where to contact you to get it.:surprise:
Look around for a handsome, young stud standing next to a Gorgeous Grey/Silver SSR with Florida plates; that will be me, but I'll probably be standing next to the guy and the SSR you're looking for :glol...

...or you could just walk around the swap meet yelling the name FRANK; his name is TOM but he will answer to both!!:laugh:...:laugh:...:wink2:

·
Registered
2,991 Posts
$40 is a good deal for one of these if you want one. I made one and it took quite a bit of work. If I wanted another, I'd plunk down the 40 rather than try and do it myself again.

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Look around for a handsome, young stud standing next to a Gorgeous Grey/Silver SSR with Florida plates; that will be me, but I'll probably be standing next to the guy and the SSR you're looking for :glol...

...or you could just walk around the swap meet yelling the name FRANK; his name is TOM but he will answer to both!!:laugh:...:laugh:...:wink2:

OK..........Frank or Tom. Will try to find you there.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
421 Posts
Well I'm really not sure what in the blue blazes you guy are talking about, that being
( " noise reduction foam dealie that fills the gapping holes behind each seat and also fills the crack going across just inside back window " ), but put me down for one also. Didn't know until now that there were gaping holes behind my seats and a crack across my truck under my back window. Funny thing though, I was just musing to myself the other day about the lovely fragrant air here in Los Angeles that we have, that the rest of the country is not privy to enjoy. It is always wafting up in my face, assaulting my senses, causing my eyes to tear up, nose to clog, then the heavy breathing, and not in the fun way. You folks don't know what you are missing. Now I here there are holes and cracks that I didn't know about. I've got to find these and stop the attack on my senses. OK the rant is over, now somebody tell me where these holes are and what is needed to fix this. I'm trying to picture this in my head and I'm drawing a big fat zero.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts