Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am trying to program the fob door locks. Using a tech2 that does communicate with the truck but won’t program. Do I need a new BCM? I’m at wits end - have tried everything including unhooking the battery. The locks work both manually and when the tech2 activates but still doesn’t program. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
2,976 Posts
Check to make sure key fobs have correct FCC ID#s

You can find that on many threads
Heres one

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
508 Posts
I am trying to program the fob door locks. Using a tech2 that does communicate with the truck but won’t program. Do I need a new BCM? I’m at wits end - have tried everything including unhooking the battery. The locks work both manually and when the tech2 activates but still doesn’t program. Any ideas?
Check this just completed thread.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,497 Posts
@Paul Mason Check out those threads above, Meantime--Welcome from Forney Texas. Consider clicking on the Colored Letter/Picture, top far right corner, go down to "Account Settings", click, and fill in your information. Especially your LOCATION and the year of your SSR, like the rest of us. Then go the the left side and click on "Signature". Also put the year of your SSR in your "Signature", and anything else you want to show in your posts, and we can help you better if you have a problem. When you finish click the "SAVE" box.

Click here for the "How To Library" OneDrive

Also click on this link and go to Post #1 Help Us Help You---UPDATE

Then go to the "New Member Section" and introduce yourself. New Member Section

Nick & Kathy

·
Registered
2005 yellow over black. 😎
139 Posts
Welcome from North Florida. Sounds like to me that you may have the wrong remote. If the doors lock and unlock and the tech 2 works then that may be the problem. Are these new key fobs ? 😎

1 - 8 of 8 Posts