Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:|

Am I overlooking a "detent" position with the switch. Seems to me I cannot determine if my fog lights are on versus off........without getting out and going around the front to look. Can't seem to tell via any reflections off the garage door or cars in front of me cause the daytime lights cause their own reflection.

On a separate switch, but basically the same kinda problem, my "angel eyes" can't tell either.

They operate via a remote and I think I have them on......only to go around front and see they are not. Stand there and push the remote and bingo.......there they are.:surprise:

Guess I could rig up some indicator lights or maybe I just should have my wife come out every time I get ready to leave and give me the thumbs "up" or "down" as to the lights showing up.:grin2:

·
SSR Pit Crew
12,664 Posts
There is very "dim" light in center of Headlight switch that "glows" when Fog Lights are on.

NO! can't see the dam thing.

You could and I may take Headlight switch out and install LED from Joshette.

Dicktator

·
Premium Member
2,204 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
There is very "dim" light in center of Headlight switch that "glows" when Fog Lights are on.

NO! can't see the dam thing.

You could and I may take Headlight switch out and install LED from Joshette.

Dicktator
:smile2:
Yup, you are correct. I pulled into my semi dark garage and worked the switch. Now I see the little light (dot) on the knob or close by that you're talking about. I agree it would hardly be noticeable out in normal daylight.

Maybe our LED source guy can solve this one. That still won't give me a clue as to if (or if not) my angel eyes are on/off..........without visual verification.:|

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
"Mo" just another one of life's interesting problems of owning a C H E V R O L E T SSR :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I like driving with mine on, but in the daytime I can't tell whether they are on or off without checking them visually. Different at night, at least I can see the "little white dot" that is if I look hard enough. Damn poor engineering. Like I have said before ... the "tech" that designed that boasted at quittin' time, over a beer, "let me tell you what I did to the dumb a$$ American buyer today :)laugh: :laugh: :laugh:) "Hey waitress bring us another pitcher of beer"

tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,452 Posts
Mine are always on after dark because I wired my LED running board lights in that circuit. Then I can just look on the ground next to me to see if they're on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts