Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm lazy tonight, don't feel like doing a search on how to remove fog lights from bumper. Got ring off need a easy way to remove housing? Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
No easy way... just got to get behind them and start unbolting, which isn't hard.

Changed mine out this year. The halo's are bright... camera could not separate the light at night... but, they do look good and bright.

Frank

Attachments

·
Premium Member
5,683 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The ones I got can be wired either way, Halo and fog on or each individual. All factory installed fog lights I've seen only come on when low beam head lights are on.

·
Premium Member
2003 Chevy SSR
1,426 Posts
I'm actually considering removing Ilsa's fog lights in order to put in some ductwork to the engine bay or brakes.

·
Premium Member
256 Posts
Like your halo's

I'm lazy tonight, don't feel like doing a search on how to remove fog lights from bumper. Got ring off need a easy way to remove housing? Thanks
Dinerman - I like your Halo's. Very good looking mod. Did you get your Halo Lights off Ebay, as mentioned on this thread? Any installation problems to look out for? Your wiring diagram for toggle switch on/off? I'm looking into legality in PA.

Thanks,
Paul

·
Premium Member
57 Posts
Where did you get them?

Does anyone know if there is an LED bulb for the current fog lights.

Thanks

Dave
They seem to be available. I found this with a quick ebay search:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2-880-899-White-6000K-54SMD-Light-Lumen-LED-Bulbs-Car-Driving-Fog-Light-Lamp/191989788893?fits=Make:Chevrolet|Model:SSR&hash=item2cb37bb0dd:g:--MAAOSwPCVX975o

There is another thread recommending against it. Check it out: http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f5/led-foglights-192465/

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Dinerman - I like your Halo's. Very good looking mod. Did you get your Halo Lights off Ebay, as mentioned on this thread? Any installation problems to look out for? Your wiring diagram for toggle switch on/off? I'm looking into legality in PA.

Thanks,
Paul
I'd like to know too, where did you get those combo (halo/fog) lights. I noted an ebay link in follow on post, but could not tell if that item was the same or not.

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Amazon... 3 inch halo. Angel eyes

I put rocker switch next to light control knob.. with led on indicator. Power came from always on power plug drivers side.. fused 1 amp. inline... ran though fire wall... just grounded neg. Just thought it was the best way for me.

Need to trim fog lamp bezel... make it round. Remove all old bracket. . Two side tape in new light... snap on bezel.. it holds tight.

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
Amazon... 3 inch halo. Angel eyes

I put rocker switch next to light control knob.. with led on indicator. Power came from always on power plug drivers side.. fused 1 amp. inline... ran though fire wall... just grounded neg. Just thought it was the best way for me.

Need to trim fog lamp bezel... make it round. Remove all old bracket. . Two side tape in new light... snap on bezel.. it holds tight.
:| Seems like there are a lot of choices, some are over $100. but these look like they would work........

[ame]https://www.amazon.com/Power-Projector-White-Light-Angel/dp/B073C7GTWZ/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1513002325&sr=1-11&keywords=3%22+halo+angel+eye[/ame]

:frown2: I've not seen a (copy/paste) just end up with the Amazon logo like it now shows. If I "click" on it, it takes me to the pic I wanted to show, but not sure if any of you can get there via a click on the amazon logo itself

·
Premium Member
2,102 Posts
The Blue ring may get you a Ticket from the authorities!!!!!!!!
Looks like the blue would match your ride. Might just be worth the chance...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................you might get a ticket.:wink2:

P.S. Were you or anyone else able to see the particular ones I'm trying to show in my post via Amazon. I've not ordered them or any other of the multiple choices till I get some feedback as to which way to go.:smile2:

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
Looks like the blue would match your ride. Might just be worth the chance...........................................................................................................................................................................................................................you might get a ticket.:wink2:

P.S. Were you or anyone else able to see the particular ones I'm trying to show in my post via Amazon. I've not ordered them or any other of the multiple choices till I get some feedback as to which way to go.:smile2:
They are same ones I have ... but in white. Work fine... just have to put round light in an oval hole.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts