Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
:smile2:
Thanks for getting back on this. I'm kinda thinkin' I might go with the (blue) versus the white. My ride is totally black and I think that blue halo will stand out nicely.:smile2:

:frown2:
Hey..............Anybody have a response to this ref............I kinda want to go ahead and order a set, but would like some re-assurance that I'm making a good choice.:|

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,225 Posts
Hey..............Anybody have a response to this ref............I kinda want to go ahead and order a set, but would like some re-assurance that I'm making a good choice.:|
My response---Mine is Black also. I have Blue under the Running Boards and inside the grill. IF I did the Fog I would do them Blue.

HA! I may post some SILLY pictures tomorrow that will show them.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
My response---Mine is Black also. I have Blue under the Running Boards and inside the grill. IF I did the Fog I would do them Blue.

HA! I may post some SILLY pictures tomorrow that will show them.

Nick
If you go blue make sure you have a switch on them. Illegal in CA if you ever get out here. Might not get stopped but. . .

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Amazon... 3 inch halo. Angel eyes

I put rocker switch next to light control knob.. with led on indicator. Power came from always on power plug drivers side.. fused 1 amp. inline... ran though fire wall... just grounded neg. Just thought it was the best way for me.

Need to trim fog lamp bezel... make it round. Remove all old bracket. . Two side tape in new light... snap on bezel.. it holds tight.
:|
OK, I just got my new angel eye set. It seems I have chrome bezels on the truck, but in a box of "stuff" I got, are the gray ones. I quickly note that the new lights won't quite fit thru the bezel.............When you say "need to trim fog lamp bezel", are you trimming from the back side to enlarge the hole just enough to slide the whole new lamp (plus those two angel eye wires) thru it. Did you just use a dremel and cut out a little of the circumference till it would fit..............Could you elaborate on that??

·
Premium Member
1,939 Posts
:|
OK, I just got my new angel eye set. It seems I have chrome bezels on the truck, but in a box of "stuff" I got, are the gray ones. I quickly note that the new lights won't quite fit thru the bezel.............When you say "need to trim fog lamp bezel", are you trimming from the back side to enlarge the hole just enough to slide the whole new lamp (plus those two angel eye wires) thru it. Did you just use a dremel and cut out a little of the circumference till it would fit..............Could you elaborate on that??

The 3" fixture fits in the OEM 3" hole... after you take of all old mounting brackets. But, when you hold the bezel over the new lights.. you will see that it cover the Halo just a little bit. Take a dremel and trimed slowly... a little bit at a time ... always checking for fit.

What brand it you decide on?

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
The 3" fixture fits in the OEM 3" hole... after you take of all old mounting brackets. But, when you hold the bezel over the new lights.. you will see that it cover the Halo just a little bit. Take a dremel and trimed slowly... a little bit at a time ... always checking for fit.

What brand it you decide on?

I went with this one.......

So, your dremel work is (increasing) the size of the hole in the bezel..........until it "rests" on the back side of the bezel or where it can fit in from the front side and then be held in place.????:|:|

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Bezel trimming.....................

Dinerman...........

"Need to trim fog lamp bezel... make it round. Remove all old bracket. . Two side tape in new light... snap on bezel.. it holds tight."

The need to "trim" is extreme. Luckily, I have a box of parts with extra stuff. Somehow I have the gray (satin) bezels as "spares".

I've been trimming the damn thing all afternoon. To get the whole (or most) of the angel eye outer portion to show thru the bezel, I've trimmed the entire outer edge away by close to a quarter inch. Still the fog lite asm. makes contact around the edges.

Really would like to know if you trimmed that much or perhaps even a little more so that the entire fog lite asm would fit thru the bezel..........Not being long on patience, I'm just glad I have extra bezels to use to model up something that will work.:crying:

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Ebay. "Universal 3" angel eye Halo". Takes lots modification to install on stock fasica(bumper). They come with no instructions. $34.00 free shipment
Finally got mine Installed. Picture isn't very good. Will take better when this nasty weather goes away.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Finally got mine Installed. Picture isn't very good. Will take better when this nasty weather goes away.
SWT...Same question to you. I cannot tell via the pics just how your bezels fit around the new lites. Did you find you had to trim quite a bit as I've already mentioned. Did you use a dremel with a sander tip and/or a grinder tip.......actually, I used a cutting wheel to slowly remove part of the inner edge of the bezel, and still not enough for a good fit.

Another thing, your lower front section where the fog lits fit back in that recessed area. I also have a 2005 and my recessed area is "kinda" round whereas yours looks more like retangular.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
Dinerman...........

Really would like to know if you trimmed that much or perhaps even a little more so that the entire fog lite asm would fit thru the bezel..........Not being long on patience, I'm just glad I have extra bezels to use to model up something that will work.:crying:
Send him a PM (Personal Message) to call you. HA!-- include your phone number. Its a lot easier to talk than try to type all that stuff!

Nick

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
SWT...Same question to you. I cannot tell via the pics just how your bezels fit around the new lites. Did you find you had to trim quite a bit as I've already mentioned. Did you use a dremel with a sander tip and/or a grinder tip.......actually, I used a cutting wheel to slowly remove part of the inner edge of the bezel, and still not enough for a good fit.

Another thing, your lower front section where the fog lits fit back in that recessed area. I also have a 2005 and my recessed area is "kinda" round whereas yours looks more like retangular.
I don't have stock fasica, mounting holes are completely different.

·
Premium Member
4,225 Posts
But, Nick it's more fun this way and it shares with all the other Fanatics. :laugh:
Ok---------sooooo whats the answer??? a little trimming or major grinding

Nick

by the way, I haven't forgotten about the stuff you have for me. After the Holidays we will get together

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts

Making progress, now have the drivers side done and angel eye wiring connecting the two together. Remaining chore is to figure a route from drivers front fender area back and thru the firewall so I can wire up a switch for those lights.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
PIAA has a wireless switch for there fog lights. I have that in my Prius.

You may want to look at that.

Dave

Dave,

Fantastic idea. I went to Amazon and found one that has 5 stars for only about 10.99.

Should be here by Friday..............the was exactly the kind of answer I needed. Routing wires from the front clear into the inside was not looking to be an easy task. This deal will make it simple for me to hook up and solve the whole problem.

Thanks again.:grin2:

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts

Dave,

Fantastic idea. I went to Amazon and found one that has 5 stars for only about 10.99.

Should be here by Friday..............the was exactly the kind of answer I needed. Routing wires from the front clear into the inside was not looking to be an easy task. This deal will make it simple for me to hook up and solve the whole problem.

Thanks again.:grin2:
Got a link to that, or at least a name?

21 - 40 of 57 Posts