Chevy SSR Forum banner

41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Got a link to that, or at least a name?
Here is info from Amazon on my order..........

QDY Remote Wiring Harness for Led Light Bar with 12V 40A One Line Kit ON/OFF Switch Relay for Work Lights Off Road Fog Driving Lights( Remote Control)

Sold by: QDY Auto

$10.99

Condition: New

:wink2:

·
Premium Member
1,038 Posts
Maybe this one....

Autofeel Remote Control Wiring Harness for Two-color Changing LED Light Bar with Fuse Relay Waterproof Switch, US Stock

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Can't be that one, it's a light bar harness but not wireless.

Searching Amazon for QDY products it comes up with 13 but none are wireless. :confused

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Can't be that one, it's a light bar harness but not wireless.

Searching Amazon for QDY products it comes up with 13 but none are wireless. :confused
Bruce, I'm not understanding your confusion.

Hopefully, this copy/paste from Amazon shows the one I selected.

It comes with a "remote" that allows the switch to work. Indeed, (wires) must be hooked up to the lights and the relay and battery power.......and then "bingo" via the remote it works.:wink2:

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
I thought you were going to follow Dave Rasmussen's suggestion to use a wireless switch to avoid running wire through the firewall.
But when I went to QDY on Amazon I didn't find any wireless switches.
That's what confused me... or maybe it was the alcohol. :blush-anim-cl:

·
Premium Member
5,685 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Just my .02, I believe when we read WIRELESS right away we think no wiring required. But you have to hard wire and operate it by remote. Running wires through firewall is a pain especially when I have a false firewall. So I just wired Halo to fuse and lights are on when key is on. This kit referred to operates by remote.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
I thought you were going to follow Dave Rasmussen's suggestion to use a wireless switch to avoid running wire through the firewall.
But when I went to QDY on Amazon I didn't find any wireless switches.
That's what confused me... or maybe it was the alcohol. :blush-anim-cl:
:smile2:
Booze may be part of the problem, I can relate myself. (It's that time of year too).

But think of "wireless" as meaning the same as "remote" as Swt rd said. The "remote" (meaning your keyfob for the SSR)...........when you push one of the buttons to lock or unlock the doors and/or pop the cargo hatch. YOU HAVE JUST ENGAGED WHAT IS KNOWN AS A WIRELESS SWITCH.:wink2:

·
Daily Driver
8,935 Posts
Right, like the wireless tire pressure gages or wireless backup cameras, I was thinking wireless means no wires.
Guess I'm out of the loop on the lingo these whippersnappers are using. :lol
OK, now I got it. duh.

·
Premium Member
2,105 Posts
Bruce, I'm not understanding your confusion.

Hopefully, this copy/paste from Amazon shows the one I selected.

https://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_3?url=search-alias=aps&field-keywords=qdy+remote+wiring&sprefix=qdy,aps,214&crid=1N1E5OYKZEPPK

It comes with a "remote" that allows the switch to work. Indeed, (wires) must be hooked up to the lights and the relay and battery power.......and then "bingo" via the remote it works.:wink2:
:smile2:
Well, the remote switch showed up a few days ago and I now have it all hooked up.

Pretty slick deal, the package comes with zero/zip/nada instructions.......but if you have ever installed a switch, it's not too hard to figure out which wire goes where, etc. It comes with a separate wired switch that you can mount under the hood as well as the remote "fob".

Potential (trouble) that I must make sure to avoid due to "features" on the remote. I selected the angel eye/fog light pkg with the angel eye segment being (blue). I wasn't anticipating any hassle from the law with just those blue "rings" showing up.

But, I have discovered what the (other two) buttons on the remote do. There is an "on" button and an "off" button. However, there are two more......one has a lightening bolt diagram on it and the other one has two lightening bolt diagrams on it.

Bottom line, after I push the "on" button, if I push either one of those extra buttons, the blue halo lights start flashing in sequences..........just like a damn cop car.:surprise:

·
SSR Pit Crew
1,738 Posts
I guess when you think how great it is to have everyone pulling over and you have the road to yourself, you'll know you pushed the wrong button. LOL

Dave

·
Ex SoCal Nut
9,920 Posts
Just a suggestion here.... First, check on-line at your State DMV requirements for Lights. First is the "front facing". They will have other sections as to color and positioning on your vehicle. I checked when I tinted headlights both yellow and blue when we lived in Calif. I printed out the VC page and kept it in the console, just in case. Different States have very specific rules as to which colors are "illegal, at each end of your vehicle"

·
SSR Believer
1,566 Posts
@Rube started this thread today looking for a replacement fog light socket which sent me down a rabbit hole to this second thread and I wound up here. Rather than reinvent the wheel, thought I'd revive this thread.

Based on that second thread's info, the fog lamps on our Rs are the same as the Saturn L300 fog lamps. So I found these LED fog lights on eBay which specifically say they fit a Saturn L300. Soooo... I'm wondering if they'll fit our Rs and/or if anyone has tried them? Pretty inexpensive experiment but seems a little too easy. ;)

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,321 Posts
I'm lazy tonight, don't feel like doing a search on how to remove fog lights from bumper. Got ring off need a easy way to remove housing? Thanks
I just found out that having a possum hit it's head on the fog light will cause it to punch out quickly! Unfortunately, it also broke the tab where the light is screwed into... What is it with deer and now possums!

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,441 Posts
I just found out that having a possum hit it's head on the fog light will cause it to punch out quickly! Unfortunately, it also broke the tab where the light is screwed into... What is it with deer and now possums!

Sounds like UNCONDITIONAL LOVE to me, Larry . . .

! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: ! :mad: !

·
Premium Member
2,795 Posts
@HUAW
Please see where i posted some pictures of a fog light from a junk yard Saturn L series. It might help determine what you need to fix it.

·
The Susan Lucci of ROTM
2004, lowered, custom paint
2,314 Posts
If you're determined to keep hitting animals, at least you moved on to smaller ones. Makes me nervous walking if front of you in a parking lot!

41 - 57 of 57 Posts