Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed today that my head lights get fogged up on misty, rainy days, but after the vehicle warms up and the lights warm up, the fog inside the lights goes away. I have never noticed that in a vehicle before. Should I be concerned? The fog is certainly on the inside of the lights. it sure seems weird to me. What do you guys think?

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Moisture/ fog

HI Ed,

Since I haven't driven my SSR in any real rain I can't tell if I have that problem too. However, I think that if there is any moisture or fogging up inside your lens you have a problem. You might have a small crack somewhere. It isn't normal and I wouldn't want any moisture or condensation building up.
:mad

·
Premium Member
2,631 Posts
Foggy

Most new, if not all new type headlight assy come with vent tubes in them. Usually one near the top and another near the bottom to let moister out. It would seem really weird that one or both tubes would be blocked in both lights. When moister is trap inside it vaporizes when the lights are on and then condenses on the lens when it is cool again.
But still a good idea to check and make sure the tubes arn't blocked.
Doug:flag

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Doug, I will check those tubes out today after I put my new under hood emblem on!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Do I need to remove the headlamp assembly to find these tubes? I looked all over the head light and saw only one screw access in the front. The ones getting fogged are the part of the headlamp below the bow tie bar. The top side of the headlamp is fine, but the fog builds up on the lower part for some weird reason. I will try to find those little tubes myself and unclog them but I figure in another 1500 miles I go for an oil change they can check it out at the dealer.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts