Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Bad is Good
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Pretty simple straight forward installation feel good under feet and your shoes wont slip off these

·
Premium Member
2,316 Posts
Pretty simple straight forward installation feel good under feet and your shoes wont slip off these
:surprise:
I might have to think about doing this trick. Wearing different shoes/boots, I cannot figure out why on a ride/drive, when I shift, sometimes I get a "squeak" from the clutch pedal and on the same trip I do not.

So, I cannot figure out whether the "squeak", is due to the shoe bottom material or if in fact, there is some kind of squeak going on in my clutch pedal.:confused

·
Premium Member
2006 S/C Silver & 2006 Pac Blue 6spd
1,044 Posts
Good choice. I installed the same ones on my two pedal rig a few weeks back.:grin2:

Posted pic on the:http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/what-did-you-do-your-ssr-today-77346/

Now I know where my blue tape went, please let me know when you are done with it.:wink2:

It looks like you and I approached it the exact same way. Did you use the blue shop towels to catch the chips too?

- Robert
:silver:

·
Bad is Good
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Good choice. I installed the same ones on my two pedal rig a few weeks back.:grin2:

Posted pic on the:http://www.ssrfanatic.com/forum/f4/what-did-you-do-your-ssr-today-77346/

Now I know where my blue tape went, please let me know when you are done with it.:wink2:

It looks like you and I approached it the exact same way. Did you use the blue shop towels to catch the chips too?

- Robert
:silver:
thought about the shop towel but it was dirty anyways just used the rubber floor mat to catch the drill shavings, that way i would have to vacuum it up:grin2:
blue tape? what blue tape>:)

·
LKMURKY
450 Posts
Finally gave up waiting for oem set to magically appear
Set i mail ordered
Benny:
I think one of the greatest disappointments in the SSR design is those plain old rubber pedals. What the hell were they thinking, doing such a fantastic design experiment and abandoning it at the point where you connect with the vehicle. Still looking for the perfect pedal set for my 6 speed, but i think they need to reflect the design of the rest of the SSR, and stock pedals just don't do anything for the truck.
Appreciate the lesson for when I get to mine.
LKMURKY
:blur:

·
BAD BOW TIE
11,187 Posts
Finally gave up waiting for oem set to magically appear
Set i mail ordered
Benny:
I think one of the greatest disappointments in the SSR design is those plain old rubber pedals. What the hell were they thinking, doing such a fantastic design experiment and abandoning it at the point where you connect with the vehicle. Still looking for the perfect pedal set for my 6 speed, but i think they need to reflect the design of the rest of the SSR, and stock pedals just don't do anything for the truck.
LKMURKY
It is a personal thing. I don't care for the look of the metal ones as in my mind they look cheap and they are slippery. I like the black rubber. But that is just me. That is what custom stuff is about and what makes the world go around. Just my opinion and you can ignore that. Keep on truckin!

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,611 Posts
Benny:
LKMURKY
Chevy actually made the below optional pedals available as a GM accessories option. I purchased a set of them a number of years ago. I thought they dressed up the stock SSR pedals quite nicely. :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,793 Posts
Moscooter.....your squeaking may be the clutch pedal spring! Happens once in a while....I’ve already replaced one that broke.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,496 Posts
Found these on eBay this winter and just installed them. (NOS). Really like them they help me shift faster��
WOW--You found the ole needle in a haystack!!!! I have been looking for those for an Automatic for a year!!

Nick

·
Bad is Good
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Benny:
LKMURKY
LKMURKY
main reason i installed these is that there not slippery, they are race car pedals and have a very aggressive surface. i actually hit them with a steel brush to soften them a bit.
they reflect bright from the flash but are close to the satin finish in the ssr

·
Bad is Good
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Found these on eBay this winter and just installed them. (NOS). Really like them they help me shift faster��
was looking for them for over a year and contacted almost every old post that had them for sale
you are a lucky man

·
LKMURKY
450 Posts
Chevy actually made the below optional pedals available as a GM accessories option. I purchased a set of them a number of years ago. I thought they dressed up the stock SSR pedals quite nicely. :)
Marc:

Thanks so much.
That's what I'm talking about. A little retro, a little bling, and the rubber will give you the traction you need on the clutch pedal. That is a perfect complement to the SSR styling.
The Floor of the SSR is so dark, Need just a little Bling down there to see my feet.

Cary
LKMURKY
06 :blur:

1 - 20 of 20 Posts