Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
LKMURKY
450 Posts
Excellent as always , Mike.
My OEM is painted Black I think, I'm guessing you stripped all the paint off and then polished the bare metal frame?
I want to do that with my Throttlebody's external surface when I send it off next month to get the internal porting done. Saw it, maybe on Greg Greens's R, looked as good as chrome to me.
What did you use to get that polished look so good?
Cary

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,323 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You like to polish stuff eh? Looks good
It's a sickness, I have it bad :grin2:

Excellent as always , Mike.
My OEM is painted Black I think, I'm guessing you stripped all the paint off and then polished the bare metal frame?
I want to do that with my Throttlebody's external surface when I send it off next month to get the internal porting done. Saw it, maybe on Greg Greens's R, looked as good as chrome to me.
What did you use to get that polished look so good?
Cary
Thanks. The OEM frame is silver powder coat or some other type of finish, it dies not react to stripper well. Have to hand sand it, aggressive to finer grade, then some rouge on a buffing wheel to finish it all off. Takes more time than you would think and very messy.

Yeah, I did my throttle body too, and quite a few other parts ....... looked very nice when done.

·
Eat-Breathe-Sleep-SSR's
1,606 Posts
OEM finish removed, multi step polishing to bring frame to chrome like shine, new screen material, asking $330 plus shipping. Includes OEM cover.
I love the folks on this site, always trying things and thinking out of the box! How did you replace the screen material? Where did you get the screen material?

·
Premium Member
111 Posts
This may be an odd question, but how is it mounted behind the seats? I don't see any existing bolts that it would attach to.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,457 Posts
This may be an odd question, but how is it mounted behind the seats? I don't see any existing bolts that it would attach to.
There is a seat bumper behind each seat and it has a notch in it where the mounting bars slide through. Very simple to install.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts