Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Without more information, your truck seems to be a tad high priced even with the low miles. You might want to provide a laundry list of what it has and what's been done to it.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Thanks for sharing. Without more information, your truck seems to be a tad high priced even with the low miles. You might want to provide a laundry list of what it has and what's been done to it.
"your truck seems to be a tad high priced" :frown2: :frown2: :frown2: Commenting negatively on their price is not to be stated on the Forum.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,365 Posts
Hey, you two stop picking on Ole Taterbug! - >:)

2019-01-05-11-39-50--428817873.jpeg

I'm really hoping he will post some pics and add some details about his SSR if he really wants to sell it. :nerd:

===============
David :black:
2018-12-18-09-32-06--1746069549.jpeg -- ""Gosh""

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
wizzr - you are good IMO
So are you cozy dawg

I see my "tad" description has taken hold
Moving this to SSR For Sale section

taterbug97h6 - Your first post
VIN - Last 5 required
Colour - Ricochet Silver
Wheels - satin or chrome?
Boards?
Console gauges?
Carpeted cargo?
All stuff knowledgeable SSR people need to know

If you wish, you can email me pictures and I will post them for you - [email protected]

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Hell Cash, they're all overpriced ... that according to an avid Ford friend of mine. My nephew is a Brain Surgeon in California and if he operated on my friend'a Brain all he would find is a bunch of "Blue Oval's or Mustangs" floating around. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: However, I agree with wizzr too !!!

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
Hell Cash, they're all overpriced ... that according to an avid Ford friend of mine. My nephew is a Brain Surgeon in California and if he operated on my friend'a Brain all he would find is a bunch of "Blue Oval's or Mustangs" floating around. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: However, I agree with wizzr too !!!
Hey Bob - I will always love my Stangs as well - not just a Chevy Guy - love me some Fords and Dodges too!

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Survey

Good luck. You may want to research your price for a 2004.

No negative. I would be curious as what price range has been for 2004 sales.

That seem to be on the high end of an '05 or '06 from what I have seen.

Dave

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
wizzr - you are good IMO
So are you cozy dawg

I see my "tad" description has taken hold
Moving this to SSR For Sale section

taterbug97h6 - Your first post
VIN - Last 5 required
Colour - Ricochet Silver
Wheels - satin or chrome?
Boards?
Console gauges?
Carpeted cargo?
All stuff knowledgeable SSR people need to know

If you wish, you can email me pictures and I will post them for you - [email protected]
Cash, the term "tad" was very popular when I was growing up in the mid-west. I had lost it from my vocabulary until you re-introduced it. When it fits... it fits! Thank you!

·
Super Moderator
13,939 Posts
Good luck. You may want to research your price for a 2004.

No negative. I would be curious as what price range has been for 2004 sales.

That seem to be on the high end of an '05 or '06 from what I have seen.

Dave
Hi Dave
Never want to be the bearer of bad news when it comes to our SSR values but here it goes anyway (IMO)
You are correct (again my opinion) but I see many 05's in the low $20's with decent mileage and nicely documented.

For those that bought SSR's as an investment it maybe hasn't worked out, but the SSR is one vehicle that has held its value so much better than any we can think of - exceptions of course, but buying one of those is like sticking a needle in a haystack, and usually you have to hang in for the long haul.
We can all look back - I wish I had my Vettes back, my 68 Firebird 400, 68 Superbee 383, 82 BMW 633, and I can name a bunch more.
After speaking with you I know you can as well
There will be a day for the correct 2004 SSR, but right now it is not worth $28000 - a "tad" high I think.
And I know we are not supposed to comment on values, but we should also protect our future members.

·
Ret. Air Force
3,720 Posts
I paid $29,500 for my garage kept Silver 04.
Purchased in 2014 (almost 5 years ago), mine had only 2,300 original miles and several mods/upgrades.

Agree above...depending on what's been done to your SSR, price may be a tad high.
Good luck with the sale. :grin2:

I think @Dr Who wanted to join the Silver-Surfer Super Hero Group!?!? :laugh: :laugh:
Or were you looking to trade your Ketchup for Mustard!?!?
:grin2:

·
Premium Member
5,868 Posts
I paid $29,500 for my garage kept Silver 04.
Purchased in 2014 (almost 5 years ago), mine had only 2,300 original miles and several mods/upgrades.

Agree above...depending on what's been done to your SSR, price may be a tad high.
Good luck with the sale. /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png

I think @Dr Who wanted to join the Silver-Surfer Super Hero Group!?!? /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png /forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile_big.png
Or were you looking to trade your Ketchup for Mustard!?!?
/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_grin.png
That's not nice "KETCHUP" Boy, been married a couple weeks and your getting mean.

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Never bought our SSR as an investment CASH, bought it to have fun in and we have had a lot of fun the past 9 years goin' on 10. Put 70,000 miles on "her" as "she" had 12,000 on "her" when we "adopted her" !!! 9 Route 66 Mother Road Festivals (12 all total ... 3 in the 55, no 2 in the 55 cause we broke down one year and I left her in a Truck Stop). Several Maggie Valley's and the 2 most memorable are Hot Rods at the Race Shop hosted by Stewart Haas Racing, absolutely the best Car Show anywhere, with home made fabricated trophy's from the Fab Shop. They've only had 2 Hot Rods at the Race Shop Show's and it was nothin' but high dollar vintage metal except for our SS which was the only "plastic" car there. At the 2nd show we had 2, ours and the 04 Raffle truck we raffled off at the 2015 SSR International Rally in Springfield, Illinois.

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
I paid $20,500 for my silver '04 from a Cadillac dealer 2 years ago. They were asking $22,900 for it. It was a dry, clean, fully serviced southwest car and it had 42K miles on the clock.

Another reputable dealer here ,CU Auto Sales, has a nice silver '04 with 34250 miles on it. It too is a dry southwest truck. They are asking $22,995 for it. It has been on their lot since last fall. I'm sure someone could drive a smokin' deal on it if they wanted it.

Just sayin'.

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,365 Posts
Okay....enough bickering. I do believe that this thread has been officially.......

images-3.png

●○● - Let's chill & let taterbug send us some pics to post along with some details of his truck.

((If he's still around, that is!!))

================
David :black:
2018-12-18-21-11-07--611632664.jpeg - ""Do ya feel lucky punk? Well, do ya??""

1 - 20 of 27 Posts