Chevy SSR Forum banner

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

·
Super Moderator
26,555 Posts
Boy..that came out wrong. I meant drivers side handle can be used on the tailgate....correct?
You had it right the first time. Passenger side outside door handle is same as tailgate handle.

·
Super Moderator
26,555 Posts
As a new owner I certainly appreciate the re- fresher post. Thanks to all who may have contributed to the post.
Welcome from one of the SoCal Nuts. Let us know a bit more about yourself in a thread under the General Off topic Forum. If you let us know the general area where you live you might find you have some very knowledgeable neighbors.:)

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Thank you cash!!!

Cash reformatted this original post for SSR Trivia and organized the content.
Thank you Cash

Meg

·
Super Moderator
13,583 Posts
Regarding the statement in Post #1 regarding original rear deck struts designed to only open marginally:
Aftermarket struts are available to pop the deck up considerably higher than the OEM's
They are available from Simple Engineering (Mike in AZ) and in Canada - LS Technologies (SK)
These companies also provide hood struts and roof struts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Thanks For Info. .New Owner

Thank you This was great post. I just purchased a 2004 ultra violet SSR this month December 2015...I'm the second owner...55,000 miles..Loving it!

·
Registered
5 Posts
thanks for the info in post. Some I knew, some I didn't and some I forgot. Should copy it and keep it handy for reference. Does any one know about a spare tire that fits both front and back. I read somewhere that a 17 inch Trailblazer rim with a 235/65/17 tire would do it. Is there a special year rim that would be needed or would any Trailblazer rim fit? I bought my SSR last December 2014 from my brother-in-law who bought it new in 2005. All last summer while I used it I worried about getting a flat. I carried a air pressure machine,a spare floor jack and some flat tire repair sticks just incase. But I would really feel much better knowing I can jack up the car change the tire and make it back home. Any suggestions on the year trailblazer rim or is it any year ?

·
Registered
58 Posts
Just bought my 2006, not in my garage yet, looking forward to the summer!

HA, looks like a joined a few years ago, now the dream has come ture!!!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just bought a 2004 yellow with 25000 miles. Very clean and well taken care of. Even had the top down today in the 90 degree weather in Chandler Arizona.

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,409 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
If I have missed an interesting fact on our beloved SSR's .. Please let me know via a PM and I will add it to this list.

Life is short cruise topless

·
Registered
15 Posts
Another newbie here who is more impressed every time i revisit this great forum. thank you to all who contribute to the knowledge contained here, you are definitely a special crew.

21 - 40 of 69 Posts
About this Discussion
68 Replies
49 Participants
BlueStreak
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing