Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,210 Posts
Stripes

Spotted these the otherday while surfing the web. Although I'm not a fan of stickers, these are a quick fix for an attitude change on a small budget.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
OMG those actually look really cool on that silver, It would be nice to see them first hand and see just how clear they look.

·
Registered
80 Posts
I'm having difficulty with auto trim design, in that I returned door decals because they were not what I expected and now they ignore my e-mails as to the refund do or the credit allowed with their Company. Be Cautious !!!

·
Registered
27 Posts
I think they look cool. You can get them in many different colors. I was thinking of getting them for my SSR, BUT after the slammin some people on this site took for using
graphics (decals) (stickers) on their rides, thought maybe I should wait (a long time) a while to save up money for expensive paint job.
MY OTHER RIDES --- NONE
You can only drive 1 at a time, and this time I chose an SSR.

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I have purchased and created my own vinyl graphics on quite a few vehicles over the years. The technology has improved tremendously and the quality that can be had with vinyl is truly amazing and the better quality definately is not cheap! You get what you pay for. The key is to fine resolution and a very expensive quality printer that can output it on the right product. The down side is in 3 or 4 years, the graphics tend to chip and peel. You will get 4-5 years max on vinyl graphics and then when they come off, the paint below has not faded and the rest of the car has. You have to consider the end result a few years down the road. After going through both, I prefer paint, but as an artist, I can see the advantage to either one. I liked Fuzzy's comment best about giving it an attitude on a budget. Well said my friend. :jester

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
now that is wild..As soon as I get my new hood I am getting the silver stripes put on my truck...

·
Registered
27 Posts
Boosted said:
now that is wild..As soon as I get my new hood I am getting the silver stripes put on my truck...
Be careful what color you choose. They warn some colors are not to be mounted
on flat sufaces, like hoods and bed covers. They say water collects on the vinyl and damages it.
There are some really nice metallic and pearls that would be nice.
Anybody know about the water setting on the vinyl and the effect it would have ?

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Vinyl Longevity

I used to do vinyl graphics long ago, my experience was that there are many different qualities of vinyl for different uses.

As a Yacht Manager, I do deal with vinyl in the sun, salt and long term water spots. It takes quite a beating as long as its the good stuff.

A good long term 5-7 year vinyl or marine vinyl will last just fine. You can polish off water spots, and condition as normal. After 5-7 years, you redo, or change.

Red, Blue, Black and Green vinyl fades, but can be buffed right back to shade.
Other vinyl colors are less likely to fade, such as grey and light colors.

On darker color paints, there will be "fade" around the decal placment.
On lighter shades, it should not be an issue.

Just my experience............

I really think those decals for the SSR are great, and for that price, you could pick a different look every year or so. :thumbs

·
Registered
1,592 Posts
TX_TUXEDO said:
Be careful what color you choose. They warn some colors are not to be mounted
on flat sufaces, like hoods and bed covers. They say water collects on the vinyl and damages it.
There are some really nice metallic and pearls that would be nice.
Anybody know about the water setting on the vinyl and the effect it would have ?
Mine will be painted..No decals for me! :nono :nono

1 - 11 of 11 Posts