Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I recently joined, but I know it is very obvious I don't do social media, so can you please help me out? What is the difference between the various types of Replies, Quotes, Messaging, etc. on this Forum? What is direct and what is public? I will be a much better neighbor once I understand these things. Thanks.

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt #11150
44,590 Posts
I recently joined, but I know it is very obvious I don't do social media, so can you please help me out? What is the difference between the various types of Replies, Quotes, Messaging, etc. on this Forum? What is direct and what is public? I will be a much better neighbor once I understand these things. Thanks.
A PM ( Private Message ) is personal and everything else is public. If you reply by quote it quotes the person you are replying to like this post. If you reply it is a post all it own. Just play with it you will get it !!!!!!! :grin2:

·
Daily Driver
8,941 Posts
Yeah, play with it. One of the things about this forum is you can hit "preview post" and it will show you what your post will look like, then hit "submit reply" and it will post.
After the post comes up and you find you screwed up, missed something, or whatever, you can hit "edit" to change it or delete it completely.
What a country. :59:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
A PM ( Private Message ) is personal and everything else is public. If you reply by quote it quotes the person you are replying to like this post. If you reply it is a post all it own. Just play with it you will get it !!!!!!! :grin2:
Insert comment here

Yeah, play with it. One of the things about this forum is you can hit "preview post" and it will show you what your post will look like, then hit "submit reply" and it will post.
After the post comes up and you find you screwed up, missed something, or whatever, you can hit "edit" to change it or delete it completely.
What a country. :59:
or here as well.

I hit Multi-quote in the order these posts appear and then hit reply so I can type here for you to read. I could also type in the spaces after each previous message here in order to comment on individual comments made.

Just remember to hit save when you are finished or it will all go away.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
Let us see. This is a Reply

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,400 Posts
And this is a Quick Reply

EDIT: Anyone see any difference?
Nothing I see.

·
Spirited driver!
1,545 Posts
There are no differences in the output of the reply. The only difference between regular and quick reply is the number of options such as font, color, emojis, ect. in quick reply are limited.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts