Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I am still searching through my SSR memorabilia and found this SSR pin which I don't recall how I came across it. Does anyone happen to know the origin of this nice looking pin? I believe I got this pin while I was in Michigan at either one of my GM meetings or an SSR gathering.
SSR Pin2.jpg

Next: I also found a small bag of brand new Romulus Engine Plant SSR pins that I had received from a coworker and friend at the Romulus Engine Plant when I had visited the Plant back in 2004. I am thinking of offering up to our members a limited number of these pins for sale. In that package I am thinking of including a Lansing Craft Centre door decal as well. So please keep your eyes open for this limited offering, I will b posting this package in the SSR Memorabilia for sale section on our website in the very near future.
SSR Pin Sm.jpg LCC Door Sticker.JPG

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
27,967 Posts
Marc,
That first one looks a lot like the pins that @tickledpink had made except your's has CHEVROLET on the hood emblem and also show the rear tires. I bet it came from a GM Meeting you attended. Attached is a picture of my SSR Pin Collection which includes one from A&W Rootbeer which has a Yellow in the center and the Outback pin I received when I kicked off my first Long Distance trip in 2009 and each of the pins from Tickeledpink along with others I have aquired.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Mark,I'll sure be looking for your post on selling the package. If I don't, please put me down for a set. Thanks,Dave

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Mark,I'll sure be looking for your post on selling the package. If I don't, please put me down for a set. Thanks,Dave
No problem, I have already gotten a number of inquires. I should be posting them up for sale very soon ... perhaps by the end of the week. If anyone else would like to reserve a package early on also just send me a PM in a Conversation.

Thanks,

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
UPDATE: I thought I would do a follow up here in my original pin thread, to let those that may not go to the Toys, SSR Memorabilia section for sale thread very often. It is for some members who might be interested, I am now offering up a package for those who are wanting to get SSR pins and or LCC decals. If you are only looking for one SSR pin or just one LCC Door Decal/ stickers you can certainly purchase either of them together or separately as well in any amount of number(s) you would like.

A quick link to the posting is here --> Memorabilia Post

Thanks,

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was recently asked by a member "Why I am just now offering up the SSR Engine Plant pins and the LCC decals when I had gotten them so many years ago?" Yes, I got those items approx. 15 years ago but since I am now retired I finally have the time to go thorough many of my SSR items. "So then why am I now selling these items when I got them for free?"

Well below are a few highlights of what has happened over the many years.
  1. When I received the LCC decals I decided a quick way to hand them out was to give away 1 FREE to every member who was purchasing 1 of 500 SSR Waterfall badges.
  2. I mailed out LCC decals to anyone who asked or needed one over the past 15 years, (yes many offered to pay for the decal.) All for FREE
  3. I also sold the SSR 1-500 Badges for a very very reasonable price of $39.95 + shipping. The same FPR SSR badges that were made by the same OEM vender sold at the dealerships for $69.00+
  4. I handed out the Romulus pins at many SSR rallies that I was at over the years all for FREE
  5. Back in the day I use to help make up many SSR Hand-Out Business cards for our members all for FREE
  6. I made up many Custom & Animated Avatars for many of our members, all for FREE. Now they do not work on the new platform.
  7. All our Moderators along with myself, work very hard and diligently behind the scenes to try and help out our members when we can, all for FREE
  8. I have spent many hours trying to make up Mirror images for our members, all for FREE
  • Many of my hours are dedicated to making our site to be a great place to visit for our members. Gosh, I must of handed out well over 100 Romulus pins and approx. 600+ LCC decals to our members over the years and that included any shipping cost, again all this for FREE

Getting back to the original question I was asked, since I now only have a small quantity of items remaining, I have decided what would be best is to charge what I believe to be a fair price for a package offering. I really can't offer them up to everyone that would want one for free because I would not have nearly enough items to go around. So how do I do this? I make the pins and decals available for a fee while they last.
Thank you for your understanding.

·
Premium Member
2006 Pacific Blue 6 speed Custom
3,036 Posts
We Love all you have done through the years and continue to do! You are exactly what a Fanatic Family member should be like! 😉
Thank you for sharing these great items!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts