Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just went to Pepboys and picked up a Fram AirHog Filter (same as K&N or Green but Orange Cloth) and it runs great. I would have to agree with other that have posted on the air filter change, it feels quicker. They didnt have a part number for the SSR but I cross referenced it and it is the same filter as a Corvette so I purchased the Corvette filter part # PPA3914 it only cost $54.99, was in stock so no wait either.

·
OP
8,226 Posts
jleas524 said:
Do you have to clean those Fram Air Hog filters the same way you clean the K&N filters????
Yes

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
jleas524 said:
Do you have to clean those Fram Air Hog filters the same way you clean the K&N filters????

And just how do you clean them? It is a nice little drive to Pep Boys!!! :ssr

·
Premium Member
3,926 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
you can use the cleaning kits they sell. Same as a K&N filter kit just different color oil to spay the filter with once clean. Be sure not to use too much of the oil spray as it will collect on the MAF and give bad readings.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I went to Pep Boys, bought my filter and even got it for $10. off Yipheeeee!!! Now to install it later when it cools off.

Now I have a question about this
http://www.tornadoair.com/
the sales guys (Titus) suggested I look into it. I said I would do some research. Anyone have any input?

I also bought the mag. Truckin' Very cool to see these cool SSR's I still think Mo's #1Piston should be in the mag. Next time Mo!!! :thumbs

·
Jeff & Terri
1,120 Posts
Ther was a thread about these awhile back on here about them but I can't remember when. I guess old age setting in.

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,147 Posts
I also remember something about the tornado. reviews weren't too good.
Its on here somewhere.
They do have a good sales pitch though. On their site there is no listing for an 04 SSR

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
I sent them an email. The site says you have to measure the intake hose (inside diam.) and they have a chart. They also have a 30 money back guaranty with a receipt. Now if I decide to try this should I wait to put on my Fram Filter or do you think that will matter?

·
Original SSR Centerfold
3,147 Posts
When you test out a new product you should only add one thing at a time to be able to measure the difference. If you add two or three items you don't know which one is doing what.

·
Machell
20,829 Posts
That is what I thought and since I have already bought the Fram Filter I will put that on for a month then try the Tornado unless someone comes up with something in the mean time!! Thanks

1 - 20 of 28 Posts