Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
If you live near northern OH or are attending this weeks rally and need front tires I have a deal for you. I installed Continental Cross Contacts UHP on my SSR in 2011. When I got back from Germany in late 2015 I noticed heavy inside wear on the fronts. After getting the front end aligned with the revised specs posted on the forum, I replaced the 245 cross contacts with the slightly taller 255s. FF to three weeks ago when I noticed my rear tires were to the point the truck would not pass inspection in December. Since the 255s still had plenty of tread and no side wall cracking what so ever (vehicle is not a daily driver and is kept in a basement garage with a controlled environment) I looked for just rear cross contacts UHP. None are available. I ended up going with the newer Cross Contact Extreme and went back with the 245 fronts. The 255's are at the tire store who mounted my tires. He will hold on to them for a few weeks. Message me if your interested and I'll give the name and location of the shop that has them. IMO the taller side wall on the 255 does improve ride quality. I almost went with it on the new tires but elected to go back to a 245.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
ROTM 1/2016 - 2006 PacBlues 376 & 29
29,367 Posts
Someone will get a great deal on this.

·
Premium Member
1,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I you have any questions, I arrive in Cincinnati tomorrow. I'm driving a 06 Blue SSR with a Wolfie wing and NC plate.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts