Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I took this fan out of my 2004 SSR with 55K miles on it. It was functioning fine. I just wanted a little extra insurance so I replaced it. Now it's just taking up space in the man cave. So all you have to do is pay shipping (what ever UPS charges me) to your location and it's yours. Who wants it?

·
GOD BLESS OUR TROOPS
2,022 Posts
I have one for just shipping from my 06!

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yup. There's a bunch of em out there. If mine doesn't find a home in a week it's going in the dumpster.

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
I took this fan out of my 2004 SSR with 55K miles on it. It was functioning fine. I just wanted a little extra insurance so I replaced it. Now it's just taking up space in the man cave. So all you have to do is pay shipping (what ever UPS charges me) to your location and it's yours. Who wants it?
Any idea of shipping costs to the Houston, Texas area? I might be interested to toss in the garage for emergency travelers that might be in the need.

Bill

·
Premium Member
714 Posts
Please do not discard these fans if they are working. List on the pin map on the site, You never know when a fellow Fanatic might be in the area close and these fans could get them Home safely and then be repurposed on the Pin map again.

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Any idea of shipping costs to the Houston, Texas area? I might be interested to toss in the garage for emergency travelers that might be in the need.

Bill
Bill, I do not have a zip code for you so I cannot give you a cost.
But here are package specs:
Box weight; 9 pounds
Box dimensions; 28" x 21" x 5".
My "ship from" zip code is 87120

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Please recycle if possible.
Well duh... That's exactly what I'm trying to do. I'm downsizing and no longer have an SSR. All the SSR stuff I have is going bye-bye. This fan included. If someone wants it for whatever purpose, great! If not, it will eventually find it's waty to the dumpster.

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevrolet SSR manual transmission
755 Posts
My thoughts were actually just to avoid the dumpster if at all possible. This may sound tree hugging which I am not, but here in Tucker we have a recycling center(not government but for profit) where they will take anything electric or electrical for recycling. They separate & ship to the most appropriate location for rebuild, reuse, or break down and re enter the production stream. Naively I would think most cities have something like this but am probably wrong! :sleep:

·
Registered
3,502 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
My thoughts were actually just to avoid the dumpster if at all possible. This may sound tree hugging which I am not, but here in Tucker we have a recycling center(not government but for profit) where they will take anything electric or electrical for recycling. They separate & ship to the most appropriate location for rebuild, reuse, or break down and re enter the production stream. Naively I would think most cities have something like this but am probably wrong! :sleep:
Sorry if my reply sounded snarky. As I re-read it, it comes across that way to me.
As for recycling the way you say, I don't know of any facility like that here in New Mexico. I just hope someone bellies up and takes it.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts