Chevy SSR Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello, I would like the assistance of my SSR Family to assist me in finding out where to purchase the Front Air Dam thats on the 2005 SSR NASCAR Pace Truck. Thanks to all the members for a first class forum. Semper Fi

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Will Have to

Hey Leatherneck X
You will have to send your SSR to ASC who contracted with GM to produce that spoiler. I tried to buy but they (ASC) will not sell to outsiders or other custom shops. :( So if you want that look you have to let them customize your ride $$$$

:seeya Tony

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Leatherneck,

The Axiom spoiler just being released to SSR Fanatics this week is very similar to the NASCAR design - check threads under Axiom - someone posted a photo of the unpainted chin spoiler yesterday.

Ray

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
Nascar Design is not Axiom's

Every thread started about a chin spoiler leads to Axiom. The Nascar look is not even close to Axioms. Don't get me wrong I'am not knocking Axioms products, but when someone says they like the Nascar SSR look THEY LIKE THE NASCAR SSR LOOK PERIOD!!! :thumbs The only problem is we can not get it yet. Maybe if people contact ASC in large groups they might cut loose or maybe they know the problems behind the spoilers thats why they won't sell them :confused

·
Premium Member
670 Posts
Flassh said:
Leatherneck,

The Axiom spoiler just being released to SSR Fanatics this week is very similar to the NASCAR design - check threads under Axiom - someone posted a photo of the unpainted chin spoiler yesterday.

Ray
The photo released on this web of the Axiom spoiler is a picture released by them to people waiting for that long overdue release and then posted by one of those waiting.

I agree, the Nascar spoiler is quite a bit different. I to have wondered if there is a reason why the Nascar spoiler has never been released. I would be very suprised if Axiom has completed any wind tunnel tests on theur spoiler so whart if any effect is it going to have on this vehicle???

We will have to wait till they are shipped and mounted to get some feedback, Sure hope after all this time waiting we dont have a problem when we actually get them on.

Stay tuned!

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Not Even Close??

Yup - can definitely see where there's no similarity whatsoever between the two designs. :confused :confused

Still looking for a more head-on shot of the NASCAR spoiler.

Ray

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,472 Posts
Thanks, Dingbat - have them somewhere in photo files, but couldn't dig them up. Now we just need to wait until the real piece from Axiom shows up installed and painted to match body color.

I still think there's a vague similarity.

Ray

1 - 8 of 8 Posts