Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
795 Posts
I have a one bra if still interested. Used only a few times for trips.

Colgan with license plate opening, carbon fiber design in material. $160 plus shipping. Or pick up in Houston, Texas

Skip

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
:|

I'm always puzzled by threads like this one. I've always felt like if you can push a button and/or unhook a snap, and as a result be (topless).............why do you need a bra.:wink2::wink2:

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,549 Posts
:|

I'm always puzzled by threads like this one. I've always felt like if you can push a button and/or unhook a snap, and as a result be (topless).............why do you need a bra.:wink2::wink2:
Have you seen what a truck losing a bit of sand or gravel can do the the paint on the hood or grill? Repair is not inexpensive compared to the cost of a Bra. However, If you have a Garage Queen that only goes out on Sunday to a car show when there is no one on the road, or rides an enclosed trailer then the money for a bra is redundant. >:)

To each his (or her) own.

·
Premium Member
2,435 Posts
Have you seen what a truck losing a bit of sand or gravel can do the the paint on the hood or grill? Repair is not inexpensive compared to the cost of a Bra. However, If you have a Garage Queen that only goes out on Sunday to a car show when there is no one on the road, or rides an enclosed trailer then the money for a bra is redundant. >:)

To each his (or her) own.
:smile2:

Well, I gotta admit that my '39 Chevy street rod that I owned for about 40 years, had a custom bra on the front for the last several years. I took it off once in a while, but kind of a pain to re-install and get it right.

So, I believe it was on for good the last few years until I sold it in the Fall of 2017.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
895 Posts
I experienced that loose gravel issue on my way to Maggie Valley in May so I had to have my hood repainted and replace my chrome emblem=$950. I had a bra on the bumper area but when I purchased the used bra that was for sale on the forum it did not come with the hood portion or mirror covers. So, if anyone has the hood portion and mirror covers let me know.

·
Registered
3,141 Posts
Why not just go with a clear bra? They protect well, there is no maintenance, and they definitely look better (oh yeah, you can't see them at all). Just askin'...

·
Premium Member
2005 Chevy SSR
895 Posts
Most of the clear material does oxidize over time and you can see a faint line especially after waxing. I had the 3M brand StoneX on a few of our BMW's and liked the product but it did oxidize and you could see the line. I was able to remove some of the oxidization with alcohol.
I did buy a product called Road Wrap made by Budge Automotive that you can apply just for a trip and remove any time. I will try it for trip to Warner Robbins rally and let you all know how it performs. I was able to get a 18"x100 roll for $29.95 on Amazon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts