Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my SSr one week ago and today I was washing it and I found that someof the paint has peeled off of thebumper just below the headlight.
Anyone else have that problem.
I will bring it in on Monday to have it fixed, hoping it was just a bad prep from the factory.
Whats everybodies opinion, bad prep job?

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Haven't heard of anyone else having paint peel problems (color match, yes, but not peeling).

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
alycebob said:
I just bought my SSr one week ago and today I was washing it and I found that someof the paint has peeled off of thebumper just below the headlight.
Anyone else have that problem.
I will bring it in on Monday to have it fixed, hoping it was just a bad prep from the factory.
Whats everybodies opinion, bad prep job?
Are you seeing the problem under both headlights? There has been speculation that the front bumper jiggling could affect the paint. It seems odd that there would be a localized prep problem in a modern factory. The area under the headlight is the prime flex area and if it is occuring on both sides, that might be the likely culprit. A StabiliSSR kit may or may not help, but it won't hurt.

Texster68

·
2005 SSR LOW MILES
2,243 Posts
StabiliSSR kit

I Bought Both Front And Rear Stabilssr Kit What A Difference Great Engineering Great Product Thanks

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
StabiliSSR

alycebob said:
Thanks,
Where can I purchase the Stabilizer kits.

Thanks for the help
Ebay or Private Message on this board (just click on Texter68 in the upper lefthand corner of this post and select "Send a Private Message"). Same price either way.

Texster68

·
West Coast Pit Crew
10,185 Posts
I Agree

Ricochet said:
It sounds more like a re paint to me with a bad prep job.
Something that was not disclosed at sale ??????:cuss :cuss :cuss

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
OBXGOP said:
My 05 SSR The Paint Started peeling on the front Bow Tie just under 1000 miles
I think that there is actually a service bulletin for that problem....

1 - 12 of 12 Posts