Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi. Just got my SSR so I'm new to this forum. So far, it's the perfect car. I love it and my two teenage sons hate it and wouldn't be caught dead driving it. Fine with me.

My SSR is silver and the front grill bar kind of blends in with the car. I want to remove and paint it to give the front end a more distinctive look. The owners manual gives instructions on removing the grill bar to replace the running lights.

The instructions say to remove the two screws holding it on( I got that part). The next step is to "release the tabs that attach the bar to the headlights". What tabs? How do you release them? Any help in figuring this out would be much appreciated.

Texster 68

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
Grill bar removal

The grill bar is held on by the 2 screws you mentioned, 1 strip of velcro at each headlight and 2 tabs that plug into 2 clips about halfway between the headlights and the center of the grill bar. Remove the 2 screws and then pull on the grill bar at either headlight. The velcro should pull loose and then the tab should pull out of the clip.

·
Premium Member
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick information. I'll try it tomorrow morning. I was afraid to get too aggressive removing the bar without knowing what was holding it together. Sounds like if you just pull hard enough, it will come off. Thanks again for the help.

Texster68

1 - 3 of 3 Posts