Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I live in California and we are "supposed" to have a front license plate. I took my front plate holder off to make it look better...and it does. I hated the license plate holder on the front. Now there are 4 stupid holes in the grill crossbars. It really sucks that they would have put the holder on in the first place. I am not putting the plate back on the front, even if I get pulled over for it. I will have to see about getting the four holes looked at and fixed. Anyone else have holes?

·
Registered
112 Posts
Yeah, My dealer screwed mine up to! I dabbed some paint into the holes but that isn't enough, I'll take mine to my body shop to fix soon.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
with all your money bruce you may want that supercharger so you can do a proper burnout!

·
Registered
705 Posts
The dealership knew 6 months in advance not to drill any holes into my car for a stupid license plate. I was required to get one or they would have not shipped but it's sitting in the garage. I doubt any cop would give you a ticket for such a car. maybe in a few years when there are a lot of them on the road but most will not now. I rather pay the $75 ticket (after 2 warnings)...

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh trust me....I will pay the fine if I get one. I am not putting a license plate on the front. And I am sure that if I am pulled over for it, it is because the cop wants to look at the truck closer.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I've talked with several officers and a sheriff's deputy in Denver's southern suburbs about the SSR - generally, they park next to me when I'm getting my Starbucks in the morning before work. It's rather obvious I don't have a front tag on it, however no mention of it's omission has come up. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts