Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so the longer I own this SSR the more things I start to see that I didn't before.

I'm curious if this is just a "normal" thing or if it is possible to adjust it should it be needed. The alignment bugs me a little cause I'm kinda' OCD.

If it's an adjustable thing can you send me in the right direction?

Attached is the passenger side versus the drivers side when latched. It's the Passenger Front that looks like it's really out of wack.

Attachments

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,342 Posts
Isn't that front section held on with Velcro and plastic push in clips? The A pillar piece. I would think it would be easy to adjust that. I need to replace mine because it has a messed up spot that was touched up and looks bad to me when I wash it. I bought a used one and it looks way better than the one on my truck. I just have to get good weather and time to mess with the roof. The only time I tried getting it down I had problems.

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Isn't that front section held on with Velcro and plastic push in clips? The A pillar piece. I would think it would be easy to adjust that. I need to replace mine because it has a messed up spot that was touched up and looks bad to me when I wash it. I bought a used one and it looks way better than the one on my truck. I just have to get good weather and time to mess with the roof. The only time I tried getting it down I had problems.
The front plastic piece is, yea. But the roof itself is too low in that corner. Well..... Let me take that back. You might be correct. Perhaps I'm looking at it the wrong way. I fiddled around with it and it seems that it might be too far up. I think you may have helped me solve this!

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, it's a "little" better, but the top corner is still too low.

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can you add some tighter Velcro to the A pillar to pull the top of it down a little tighter?
Quite possibly. I’ll give that a try tomorrow ??

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So, it's so close now after fiddling around with the side post cover I'm not going to fuss with it. Thanks again for your remarks and input!

Reactions: RedlineRyder

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,573 Posts
So, it's so close now after fiddling around with the side post cover I'm not going to fuss with it. Thanks again for your remarks and input!
Fanatics to the rescue, once again. What would we do without us?

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,380 Posts
Fanatics to the rescue, once again. What would we do without us?

I agree with Blue, great call Sthotrod!

·
RED SLED
440 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yep, simple solutions are the best... I’m Learning ???

Reactions: nj6969
1 - 10 of 10 Posts