Chevy SSR Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
313 Posts
This front spoiler is in the works. Should have prices and production time in about 2 weeks. Painted or unpainted. Center piece is recommended but can have made without. Stay tuned. I am not involved with prices or production. View attachment 575047 View attachment 575048
Robert,
Is that your shadow in front of that sweet lookin' Redline?
Cheers!
Boomer Bob

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,882 Posts
Air was designed to go under SSR to create a "vortex" to "suck" hot air out of engine compartment while running down the road. Having open area is important for cooling of SSR engine compartment.

I like the spoiler, wrong color, should be "prime".

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
274 Posts
Air was designed to go under SSR to create a "vortex" to "suck" hot air out of engine compartment while running down the road. Having open area is important for cooling of SSR engine compartment.

I like the spoiler, wrong color, should be "prime".

Dicktator
I need clarification on the air flow issue. Your spoiler appears to have a filler piece in the area where the air would flow, but the new ones now available look like the hole is open. Are you saying the new open version should have the center blocked so air does not short circuit thru the center of the spoiler? Does either spoiler disrupt the flow of air under the dam as originally intended? Bottom line is has anyone experienced increase in engine temp. from these front spoilers, either open or closed type.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 Silver SSR with Strips. Owned 16yrs. Start 9K, now 159K miles
13,882 Posts
Your looking at refection in the picture. Mine is 3G, not made for years now.

OEM Air dam, plastic one, was to "deflect" air "under engine compartment to "suck" out HOT air.

Dicktator

Picture of Mike's Plastic Molded Air Dam to replace OEM Air Dam.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 38 Posts