Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
People besides myself have tried to talk with maddog about his front spoiler, but he has not answered ,trying to find out where he got it, well the spoiler on the 2005 OFFICIAL LEMANS PACE (Auto Club 500) is the same as maddogs, does anybody know where that one came from, sure would like to get one like it......

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,075 Posts
I want one too.

OK, Bayou Runner, Where do I get in line?

The chin spoiler you see on maddog's looks exactly like the one on the front of the ASC Diamondback SSR as well as the Lemans Pace Car. That makes at least 3. Somebody has a layup mold and I suspect it is ASC. I've sent them mail that has not yet been returned either.

Are you going to spearhead the buying campaign? I have cash money, lets rock.

Count me in.

Mike

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
spoiler

Hey Mikem-2005
Glad to hear from you , your reply gives me new hope that the cat will be let out of the bag!!! The front plate on maddogs SSR says CURRY GMC where you think that is???I'm going to check with my chevy dealer and see if they know,where and who is ASC ???If you find out something please open the door for me and i'll do the same for you,looks like that spoiler is under tight wraps hope something turns up cause thats one good looking spoiler....Bayou Runner :seeya

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,075 Posts
Evidence of ASC Chin Spoiler

Runner,

Attached are two photos that I gleaned from a quick search of the internet. You will see that the chin spoiler is very similar to the others we have seen in photos.

Search under "ASC SSR" and you will find the stories.

I'm supportive, but can't lead this charge. We need someone to champion the cause.....

Mike

Attachments

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
ASC used to build sunroof for autotive manufacutres. Chevroley contracted them to build part of the SSR as well as they have a contract to develop asseccories.They have built two specialty trucks, 2004 Diamondback and the 2005 Blackbird 425. As you can see from pictures they have some of the parts that I have seen on other trucks on this site. From the 1 piece rockers to the hood scoop. Looks like they are working on a cowl induction hood and other parts for upcoming production. According to the reading I have done these parts are supposed to fit prior years with little to no modification. They all seem to be made of carbon fiber as well. Try these sites for pictures and more information.

http://www.autoweek.com/article.cms?articleId=100557

http://www.technorocket.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=536#post536
http://www.ascglobal.com look for the SSR under halo vehicles :angel

·
Registered
893 Posts
ASC....... and others

I think you'll find they are just to big.........or they think they are, to be bothered with the likes of we SSR owners.........Thats not real smart.........we are the customers ...the owners of SSR's , the ones who will buy these items, and if they plan to release any of this "stuff" later ....they need to be talking to some one..........OR there source of sale will go elsewhere........which is what is happening........I wanted certain things for my SSR........and when I couldn't find them....or no one wanted to talk to me........I found other sources or made them my self..........such as other SSR owners have done......And we're begining to have some really great items available due to the creative abilities of our friends........Great goin guys..........and you make a few bucks to boot......Isn't that the American way???????? Enough said. I'll get off my soap box now......Have a good day Ya"ll :seeya

·
Registered
893 Posts
Chin spoiler.....Mold.....

Somebody's got a mold?????????..........Hey loan it to me and I'll make some up if they don't have time.........Working on a nice little scoop right now.........gonna be sharp....and easy to install......More on that later.......Duh Wolf :lol

·
Registered
893 Posts
Scoop & Chin spoiler

Scoop is done and being painted...... ..Question.....Axiom ....chin spoilers.....Has everbody got their's?......If so I may order one now....unpainted that is......I understand that might be quicker.......And has anyone ordered the (sight unseen) running boards.........?Inquiring minds want to know????? :seeya

·
Registered
196 Posts
Only 2 known to exist?

After 4 months of waiting by most accounts. It seems that there have been ONLY 2 produced? Belonging to Cruzned and Purple Penelope. At this rate the question remaining to be answered is; will the SSR will be an antique before the Axiom excuses run out? For those of you expecting a delivery.......best of luck!

·
Registered
1,099 Posts
SSR4DOC said:
After 4 months of waiting by most accounts. It seems that there have been ONLY 2 produced? Belonging to Cruzned and Purple Penelope. At this rate the question remaining to be answered is; will the SSR will be an antique before the Axiom excuses run out? For those of you expecting a delivery.......best of luck![/Q

Yes I have been calling and email but still no response :mad because I have asked for my money refunded. No One there answeres the phone; just a recording with the promise of returnig the call $500 of my money went where? :mad

1 - 11 of 11 Posts