Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My 03 SSR has used up its struts and springs, the local shop says with Chevy on strike it may take forever to get springs and his source want a ton of money for these parts. Anyone got a outlet I can try to get these parts from without breaking the bank me being on a fixed income and all. I found a place on line that says they got them to fit my 03 SSR for $249.00 complete, but you never know if they lie. Any expertise or knowledge on this is appreciated.

·
Slingshot Rules!
62,950 Posts
GOOD NEWS, Old Guy . . .

Just announced on TV News this afternoon that the Strikers and GM have reached an agreement and are about to settle.

Just in time for your parts?

! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: ! (y) ! :cool: !

·
Registered
1,677 Posts
Old Guy a couple of things, first the SSR has shocks with coil over springs not struts. The springs are probably not bad. Springs hold the truck up shocks make it ride good. Bilstien shocks are available from Simple Engineering with the right shock mount location on them.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
I agree with all of the above. Get the Bilsteins from Simple Engineering

I’ll add this, I’ve replaced 13-14 sets of shocks and everyone notices the improvement in ride quality. They are 13-16 years old, at this point it isn’t the miles, it is the years and the seals. Further, depending on the miles, driving conditions and storage conditions I’d be inspecting the bushings too

1 - 8 of 8 Posts