Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
466 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had both front calipers changed and hoses also the master cylinder, all at the same time because the shop said my calipers were causing the brakes to not release. All seemed to be good except after the trip home , about a 30 drive, front wheels were again Hot. Not sure if they were again dragging. I will make the drive back to the shop tomorrow to have them check to see if they are dragging.
What I would like to know is do the front wheels get Hot on all SSRs ? I made a similar drive in my Fiat and the front wheels were just barely warm, about like the rear wheels on the SSR.
PLEASE RESPOND
Thanks Alan

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
Hot

All depends on the braking that was going on. My are 80% highway, so no heat at all. If it was rush hour or city driving, then yes. Hotness is relative to each one's perspective. My wife gets me hot all the time, but no brakes are involved there.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,403 Posts
I realize you paid the shop and want them to check their work but, you can jack up the front wheel and turn it to get an idea if its dragging or not. Disks have a little more drag than shoes but you can still tell.

Nick

·
Premium Member
96 Posts
Your same symptoms happened to me, I believe. My calipers were not releasing. I would drive down the freeway and after an hour or so my front end started feeling loose like a tire was out of balance. I would pull over and the front hubs were REALLY REALLY hot....I would let them cool down and it would be better for a little while but the same thing would repeat itself. Was at a tech session in Las Vegas where Mike from AZ discussed the importance of having your brakes serviced. Had that done which included new fluid and bleeding the system. Things have been good ever since.

Cheers!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts