Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone put 20" wheels on the front of thier ssr same as the rear, and if so does it work well, I think it would look great. Andy

·
Premium Member
2,149 Posts
Yes, I have 20's on the front & rear. But I lowered the front tire size to 245/40. and yes they look great.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
wheels

would have worked with the same tire size as the rear, why did you go to a smaller tire, Thanks Andy

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,106 Posts
Be careful changing tire heights

The Traction Control system is tied to the Anti-Lock Brake Controller. Both systems use the same sensors to compare front and rear wheel rpm and will make an adjustment to something (depending on what you are doing) when the parameters are no longer inside their respective "windows". I don't know the threshholds for the systems, but if you change the diametric ratio between the front and rear wheels, you may be opening a can of worms.

Mike

·
I'm not cool...
2,096 Posts
no it wont

andygp said:
would have worked with the same tire size as the rear, why did you go to a smaller tire, Thanks Andy
they'll rub fo sho:nono
I have 255/35/20s on in the front in the summer:flag

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,638 Posts
mikepowell said:
they'll rub fo sho:nono
I have 255/35/20s on in the front in the summer:flag
Looks like my SSR drove itself to Park City Utah for some skiig or someone stole mine or could it be that there is another like mine in the world.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts