Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My intro to owning an SSR in New England. I tried dry silicone spray on the gaskets, still froze. Next time I used pledge furniture spray, while a little messy I think it works so far. Leaves a mess on edge of glass but if it lets me in I'm ok with it. Anyone found an alternative ?

·
Slingshot Rules!
71,345 Posts
Shame, Old Timer . . . Po Little SSR.

You didn't leave the little bugger outside in the cold . . . did ya?

! :surprise: ! :frozen: ! :surprise: ! :frozen: ! :surprise: !

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Covered in salt, poor thing has never been out in the winter, buck buddy your a go to work truck now, waiting for spring.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,888 Posts
My intro to owning an SSR in New England. I tried dry silicone spray on the gaskets, still froze. Next time I used pledge furniture spray, while a little messy I think it works so far. Leaves a mess on edge of glass but if it lets me in I'm ok with it. Anyone found an alternative ?

Are you familiar with the fact that the windows go down and up automatically when you open the door about a half inch or so. This is called window indexing. This is so you don't tear up the rubber seals and it seals properly after you close the door. I am not sure but I would think if the widow is trying to force it's way down and then up so you can exit or enter it would damage something. Might want to check with someone else that knows more about this. My baby has become a garage queen on the battery tender so she is warm and toasty in the winter unless we have a nice day. Hope someone more knowledgeable chimes in here for you. Good luck.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,351 Posts
WELCOME from one of the SoCal Nuts.

Sounds like you need to index your windows before you do some damage. If you have an owner's manual you will find the instructions in there but for now the simple ting to do is:
Lower each window by holding the down button and continue to hold it for 5-10 seconds after it bottoms.
Raise each window by holding the up button and continue to hold the button for 5-10 seconds after it seats at the top.
Now when you open the door the window will index down a bit to clear the weather strip before the door releases and will goo back up after the door closes.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well aware of the window function. It didn't drop when I pulled the door handle, after I got in it still would not go down with the button. Next day all was fine , no explanation, car seems to have correction functions after a problem.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts