Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not only did the windows freeze but the first under 30 morning it had rained and didn't realize the wipers were frozen. Never saw them move, got out and lifted them still nothing. Pulled the wiper motor, tested fine, checked wire harness got power. Bought a module under the wiper motor and solved that problem. What ticked me off neither the relay or fuse opened first, blew the module instead.

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
Check your fuses somebody might have put a bigger one in there not allowing it to do its thing and protect your module, might save you having the new one burn up,

·
Premium Member
429 Posts
wipers

Check to make sure the wiper arm nuts are tight. The arms mount to the spindles with a knurled shaft. Sometimes the motor is strong enough to rotate the shaft while the arm is frozen to the window. Remove the plastic cap and check the nuts for tightness.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
In winter always make sure the wipers are off when you leave the truck. We leave the wipers [up] off of the glass on most vehicles. Can't on the ssr. Also rain sensing wipers must be in the off position when leaving any new vehicle. They don't make it easy these days? A bottle of rubbing alcohol mixed with 60 percent water in an old used spray bottle will fix your problem the next time. It does not freeze until 30 below. Good for wipers and window indexing seals............Birdmans

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Was my fault, for some reason my house and immediate neighborhood are about 3 or 4 degrees colder than others. I just didn't realize it was that cold. Got the antifreeze gun by the back door.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
In winter always make sure the wipers are off when you leave the truck. We leave the wipers [up] off of the glass on most vehicles. Can't on the ssr. Also rain sensing wipers must be in the off position when leaving any new vehicle. They don't make it easy these days? A bottle of rubbing alcohol mixed with 60 percent water in an old used spray bottle will fix your problem the next time. It does not freeze until 30 below. Good for wipers and window indexing seals............Birdmans
"It does not freeze until 30 below" I think you mean "below 30" Quite a difference !!!>:) :smile2: tennesseecozydog :ssr

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Freezing rain this morning never even attempted to roll out the R. Went flat on my ass on the driveway figured the R would too. bought a bottle of ice melt got a feeling this winter will be more of the same, God save our SSR door handles and window motors!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts