Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
NOT MINE

Found on EBay, this is a very rare bed trim kit up for sale. For the newbies, what is a bed trim kit? When you take off the bed cover (there was a bag that hung on the wall for that) you could use this trim kit to cover all the edges of the bed to give it a more finished look. GM did not make very many, there was one aftermarket manufacturer that did not last long, but this is a true GM item with the even more rare hardware kit.

GM Part #15115462

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113537190926

·
RedHotSSR
605 Posts
Thanks.

This option is shown in a Salesman's "SSR Details Book" I have. The book shows the cover removed and the trim in place. Yes the cover was removable and these trim parts could be added. Very nice and I am sure and VERY rare.:grin2:

·
Registered
3,374 Posts
Bitch, bitch, bitch!

I wonder how many owners want to expose their carpeted bed to the elements? Is there really a need for this rare piece?
Yet another Troll??? My Momma always said if you don't anything nice to say .... Shut your pie-hole. What a bunch of opinionated old farts around here lately
Myself included of course >:)

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I wonder how many owners want to expose their carpeted bed to the elements? Is there really a need for this rare piece?
Well, not everyone has carpet, some still have the "tupperware" insert.

Even if it was a carpet trunk, as long as it is not raining (or even if it does) why not show the truck off in a different light?

·
ONE OWNER !!!!
2004 Smokin' Asphalt
47,367 Posts
I would like to have it but already have to many spare stuff setting on the shelf.:glol:glol:glol:glol

·
SSR Enthusiast
2004 Chevrolet SSR #10111 Ricochet Silver
259 Posts
NOT MINE

Found on EBay, this is a very rare bed trim kit up for sale. For the newbies, what is a bed trim kit? When you take off the bed cover (there was a bag that hung on the wall for that) you could use this trim kit to cover all the edges of the bed to give it a more finished look. GM did not make very many, there was one aftermarket manufacturer that did not last long, but this is a true GM item with the even more rare hardware kit.

GM Part #15115462

https://www.ebay.com/itm/113537190926

Check out the sellers other listings. He has a beautiful silver hood blanket with the SSR logo added. A bit pricey for me especially the $250 shipping costs, but cool nonetheless.

"This is a super rare SSR under hood insulator blanket. My understanding is that these blankets were being developed as a GM factory accessory item for the 2006 SSR by the ASC company. They were shown on the 2006 Chevrolet SSR dealer showroom brochure as a "Regular Production Accessory" (see photo) but were never sold to the general public. As the story goes only 14 of these were ever produced mostly for testing and evaluation. However they apparently did not meet the requirements for heat dissipation and also the silver color reportedly tended to tarnish from the engine heat so development was stopped. Nevertheless a few of these blankets were sold and ended up in the hands of SSR owners and this is one of them.

This blanket is in very good unused condition. There are a few light wrinkles and creases here and there and also some delamination of the silver fabric from the black backing in a few small areas, mostly at the indentations. It does not appear that this one has ever been installed on a hood. Due to heat considerations permanent installation on your SSR is not recommended and it should only be used for show or display purposes."
"

Brian

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Bid

I placed a bid for the trim kit, if I ever do the station wagon top I fashioned this would be perfect for trimming out the bed. Or if I just wanna show off my wood bed kit too. One other bidder and pretty high price but considering how much I've spent on nos spare headlights it's not too outrageous. Very rare item, :hyper::hyper:I'll post if I get it or not.

·
Premium Member
6,478 Posts
Well, not everyone has carpet, some still have the "tupperware" insert.

Even if it was a carpet trunk, as long as it is not raining (or even if it does) why not show the truck off in a different light?

Looking at this picture, it looks like it is one piece. The one advertised is 3 piece. Didn't the guy that went by ZZR or something make some of these one pieces.

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,518 Posts
I placed a bid for the trim kit, if I ever do the station wagon top I fashioned this would be perfect for trimming out the bed. Or if I just wanna show off my wood bed kit too. One other bidder and pretty high price but considering how much I've spent on nos spare headlights it's not too outrageous. Very rare item, :hyper::hyper:I'll post if I get it or not.
Good Luck!

! :surprise: ! :banana ! :surprise: ! :banana ! :surprise: !

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Looking at this picture, it looks like it is one piece. The one advertised is 3 piece. Didn't the guy that went by ZZR or something make some of these one pieces.
Look closely at the seam just inside of the front corner. This is like the one on eBay.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Poppa...perhaps you should read and digest my post again.. There are two questions not statements.

Dane

·
Premium Member
19,896 Posts
Check out the sellers other listings. He has a beautiful silver hood blanket with the SSR logo added. A bit pricey for me especially the $250 shipping costs, but cool nonetheless.

"This is a super rare SSR under hood insulator blanket. My understanding is that these blankets were being developed as a GM factory accessory item for the 2006 SSR by the ASC company. They were shown on the 2006 Chevrolet SSR dealer showroom brochure as a "Regular Production Accessory" (see photo) but were never sold to the general public. As the story goes only 14 of these were ever produced mostly for testing and evaluation. However they apparently did not meet the requirements for heat dissipation and also the silver color reportedly tended to tarnish from the engine heat so development was stopped. Nevertheless a few of these blankets were sold and ended up in the hands of SSR owners and this is one of them.

This blanket is in very good unused condition. There are a few light wrinkles and creases here and there and also some delamination of the silver fabric from the black backing in a few small areas, mostly at the indentations. It does not appear that this one has ever been installed on a hood. Due to heat considerations permanent installation on your SSR is not recommended and it should only be used for show or display purposes."
"

Brian
I received a call one night years ago about these . It was Maui mike , some guy had a few of these and was trying to identify them . As shipping would be to high to Maui we were going to ship them to my place. It was said they were found in a dumpster most were in great condition. As the story went I also heard they didn’t hold up
To heat and tarnished . The guy wouldn’t come to a good price on them I think there were more than 10 so the deal faded away .

·
Premium Member
6,478 Posts
Look closely at the seam just inside of the front corner. This is like the one on eBay.
My bad,I'm looking at it on smart phone (guess it isn't too smart or just operator).

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,328 Posts
I saw this the other day and had similar thoughts as oldxr. My first thought was it would be cool to have it because of its rarity. But then common sense took over and I would never use it because I have carpet in both trucks. Both trucks have over 100,000 miles so high mileage in the SSR world. I now look at additions to my trucks at value to me would the money be better spent on horsepower upgrades or appearance upgrades. For it to be an appearance upgrade it is going to have to be really something that will make a big impact to beat out a horsepower upgrade for me now. Good luck to those bidding. Maybe it will be someone who can get them reproduced and made at a more reasonable cost so more can be had by those who want them.

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
Bruce....common sense...I found that to be “uncommon” in these times! As for the trim kit, removing the cargo lid also seems a task that I’m not too interested in trying. We’re on the same page with modifications that make the R a more energetic and pleasing ride. I’d like to see this kit installed at a car show though. How’s the snow down yonder?

Dane

·
SSR Pit Crew
2,052 Posts
It's just something to get used to seeing since 99.9% of the R's have their bed cover. I don't think I'd give it more thought than thinking the bed cover is missing. To each his own.

Dave

·
Registered
04 Black, 05 Black, 05 Aqua Blur
3,328 Posts
Bruce....common sense...I found that to be “uncommon” in these times! As for the trim kit, removing the cargo lid also seems a task that I’m not too interested in trying. We’re on the same page with modifications that make the R a more energetic and pleasing ride. I’d like to see this kit installed at a car show though. How’s the snow down yonder?

Dane
I measured it earlier and it was around 9"on the grill. That was all I could reach from the door. I wasn't going out if I didn't have to. My daughter went out and said it is light sleet and rain mix now coming down on top of the snow. Good day to do nothing.

·
Premium Member
437 Posts
Not

Highest bid so far went just shy of $600.... add another hundred for freight and that puts it out of what I want to pay!

·
Premium Member
3,732 Posts
Bag it and box it.

Does anyone know what they sold for new?

I have one that matches my black truck. This is only the second one that I have seen for sale. I got one of the rear deck bags and stands and was going to use it to show. I have not done that yet though. I just keep my spare deck lid in the bag and the trim kit in the box. Maybe this year.

I think that they look great with hard bags though. Or you can take the bags out and it makes it easier to haul bags of concrete.

Dave

1 - 20 of 43 Posts