Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like the same thing we bought from CHINA for $17 to your door.

BIRD
No, pretty sure you bought a clear plastic sheet that was laser etched with LEDs that shine on it. They are very cheap to make. Anyone with a drawing and a laser machine can cut one out in a matter of seconds.

This sign is a true neon bent tube glass sign made a few years ago. The manufacturer made a few, then I think stopped after so many of them had issues during shipment. The glass is very fragile and needs to be packed and shipped very carefully.

·
Super Road Rocket Pilot
6,367 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Neat light but I would be afraid to buy it and try to get it shipped. My luck is just not that good.
Located outside of Chicago, would make for a nice weekend roadtrip. Cruise to the big lakes in the R and come home with a garage sign :smile2: Yeah, if you did that I would have to make sure the entire bed was full of peanut packing or bubble wrap.....

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
no, pretty sure you bought a clear plastic sheet that was laser etched with leds that shine on it. They are very cheap to make. Anyone with a drawing and a laser machine can cut one out in a matter of seconds.

This sign is a true neon bent tube glass sign made a few years ago. The manufacturer made a few, then i think stopped after so many of them had issues during shipment. The glass is very fragile and needs to be packed and shipped very carefully.

i stand corrected.............bird

·
Slingshot Rules!
75,268 Posts
I've had an SSR Neon Sign for years, however, it is much more valuable since the SSR is Slingshot Yellow.

The size is about 36 Inches Wide and not quite 18 Inches Tall . . . works like a Champ.

If I didn't already have one, I'd pounce on this one.

The only picture handy . . .

! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: !

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
14,047 Posts
I have one of those cheap ones
What po's me most about it is the electrical cord leads from the top - WTH is that about?
I have this sign hanging on the wall with an electrical cord that leads out of the top??
Try to hide that!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts