Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have read some posts on the fuel door. I want to get a locking chrome one. For any one that has done this. How do you like it and which Co. would you suggest?

Thanks, Mason

·
Registered
21 Posts
lockable gascap

I have a lockable gascap and it works perfect.

You can find a picture und Search "lockable gascap"

Marc

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Gas Cap

Swiss said:
I have a lockable gascap and it works perfect.

You can find a picture und Search "lockable gascap"

Marc

Marc,
What I want is the Locking Fuel Door.In Chrome.

·
SSR Pit Crew
2004 UV
9,315 Posts
crazyrtr53 (Tony) has one of these as well as some other SSRFanatics but don't remember who they bought from. You could PM Tony and I am sure he would let you know where he bought the fuel door.

·
Premium Member
137 Posts
Mason57 said:
I have read some posts on the fuel door. I want to get a locking chrome one. For any one that has done this. How do you like it and which Co. would you suggest?

Thanks, Mason
I got the one on Ebay that is there all the time. Not chrome but polished and looks great.

Dorsey

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
Mason57 said:

Thanks, Mason
I bought my locking door at www.trucktopsandmore.com (install free in Concord,CA) and they order from www.allsalesmfg.com ......Chrome/Locking #6095CL ..... I have the Flat Black w/Stainless screws......... Looks great tooo.....

·
Registered
213 Posts
Water will freeze this winter

:) I live in Ohio and figure, the lock will freeze this winter and then I will be in deep dodo. I drive the SSR daily and therefore wash it a lot in the winter months. The water will surely get in the lock and freeze, somthing to think about. :)

·
Premium Member
1,215 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
rj5620 said:
:) I live in Ohio and figure, the lock will freeze this winter and then I will be in deep dodo. I drive the SSR daily and therefore wash it a lot in the winter months. The water will surely get in the lock and freeze, somthing to think about. :)
The roads are so bad in VT. in the winter. The SSR is in storage until about April. :mad

B

·
0 Posts
rj5620 said:
Hope you keep in at nite or have a remote start for those windows to thaw out to move thier 1/4 inch for opening and shuttin the doors. As long as you have the heater on.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I bought my CHROME lockable gascap from the same outfit that has the polished ones on eBay. Their $10.00 more. I just sent him a email & he led me to the correct listing.

LOVE the CHROME !

TOM

1 - 10 of 10 Posts