Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have 1400 miles on my SSR and I get 14-16 miles per gallon seems like a lot when they claim 16-19 . Any thoughts on that? Thanks, All these miles are city and freeway.

Bert

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
a little better

The average fuel economy on my DIC is registering about 17.2 at this time. I know its hard to resist, but maybe you let your foot get a little heavy at times? lol

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Highway vs town

I use mine for bustrips to Louisiana on occasion - been gettng about 18 on the freeway (6 hours to NO). Overall getting about 15.7 - so in town must be aroung 14 - 15. I do have to admit that, 5-6 seconds after the light turns green - most everybody is in my rearview - been even worse since the gas prices went up.

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Varrrroommmm

Gosh I only have 750 miles on mine and I can't seem to keep from pressing down on that gas peddle... I love to feel the speed and hear that sound!!!!!! I have been avg. 13.5 mph :rolleyes: but then I DON"T CARE!!!!!

·
Retired GM Program Manager/ Chief SSR Engineer
549 Posts
When I went on my 5900 mile trip this spring, I got about 19 on the highway. Mine was well broken in with Mobil 1 in the crankcase.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I have a 60 mile drive to work that is all highway. I average around 19.5 with and average cruise speed of 75-80.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
mileage

I have a 4 mile trip to work, but I've put on over 14000 on it. My average is 17.8 even though I still go from 0-speed limit as fast as I can (traffic permitting).

R

·
0 Posts
Gas Mileage

OK, my gas pedal must have an obstruction. I average 17.2 City and have since I got it. This past weekend went on a 300 mile cruise on state highways (speed limit 45-55), drove around 60 most of the way and averaged 22.9 throughout the trip.

Yea I stomp it a lot more than I should. So what do you think, something blocking the gas pedal from being fully depressed :lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
I put over 1500 miles on mine before it's 1st week of ownership. Driving the interstates at about 70 - 75 and I got 20.3 mpg. Not bad at all for something that hasn't even began to break in yet. It's real good condidering I traded in a Ford Lightning, that would run like a bat out of hell, but at best would only get 14 mpg, and required that high dollar premium stuff. As far as the new 6.0 litre.... been there, done that....I'll keep my 5.3 and cruise with a big smile, and a fatter wallet. :yesnod

·
Premium Member
2,251 Posts
I agree

A man after my own heart. Love it like it is.

·
Registered
31 Posts
work car

I use my redline red as a work car. I have had this beauty for 4 months and I have 9,000 miles on the display. I cover most of central California on work trips - from Sacramento to Bakersfield to Monterey and up to the Sierras. The overall average, right now, never touched, is 16.3, mostly city driving. I believe highway miles are around 18.9 to 19.2.

Cheers,

Randy :flag

M

·
0 Posts
Who cares what the gas milage is. It is such a blast to drive and I have such a hard time keeping my foot mashed on the pedal anyway. We got our SSR's for the joy and fun of it not to complain about what our gas milage is. I would still drive mine like a bat out of hell if I was only getting 8 miles to the gallon. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!!!

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Right On!!

mnkybrs said:
Who cares what the gas milage is. It is such a blast to drive and I have such a hard time keeping my foot mashed on the pedal anyway. We got our SSR's for the joy and fun of it not to complain about what our gas milage is. I would still drive mine like a bat out of hell if I was only getting 8 miles to the gallon. I LOVE THIS VEHICLE!!!!!
I AGREE....PARTY ON!!! :party

1 - 19 of 19 Posts