Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Before Maggie Valley I was getting avg of 19mpg as high as 21 on several tank fulls. Jeremy did his thing and it really improved the performance of engine. But I am really struggling to get 19 average is 17.5. Just wandering what would of changed to loose 2 mpg. Driving habits stayed the same.

·
Slingshot Rules!
72,368 Posts
I agree with Marc . . . HEAVY FOOT.

! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: ! :glol ! :surprise: !

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,356 Posts
Remember that old saying Robert....."Performance (speed) costs money; so how fast do you want to go??" - >:)

Its more of a matter of choice. If you want to play then you have to pay!! - :crying:

===============
David :black:

·
Premium Member
2,181 Posts
Before Maggie Valley I was getting avg of 19mpg as high as 21 on several tank fulls. Jeremy did his thing and it really improved the performance of engine. But I am really struggling to get 19 average is 17.5. Just wandering what would of changed to loose 2 mpg. Driving habits stayed the same.
:smile2:

After having a "tune" done, you need to (lose) the habit of checking your milage. You have a "toy" and what is the BFD about a loss of maybe 2 mpg or so.

Whenever the gauge gets on down around a quarter tank or less you simply stop at your favorite filler up station and re-fuel

There is NO PROBLEM here.:wink2:

·
Premium Member
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
/forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_smile.png

After having a "tune" done, you need to (lose) the habit of checking your milage. You have a "toy" and what is the BFD about a loss of maybe 2 mpg or so.

Whenever the gauge gets on down around a quarter tank or less you simply stop at your favorite filler up station and re-fuel

There is NO PROBLEM here./forum/images/SSRFanatic_2016/smilies/tango_face_wink.png
OK no more watching Fuel milage. I'LL just stop getting that big gulp when I fill up and put that money for Fuel.

·
Premium Member
7,279 Posts
Didn't you tell me you was goin' on a diet per the Doctor's orders ??? Once you lose all that excess weight (100 to 150 lbs.) your gas mileage will probably go back to 21 or even 22 MPG. :smile2: :smile2: :smile2: Just think of all that excess weight that "little red truck" has to pull and most of all better health for you ... eat healthy Sweet Ryde, you can do it.

·
Carolina Fanatic
7,421 Posts

Yes, 17.8 or .9 is an average for me but then I have a heavy foot too >:) mileage today is 117,000 on my 03 its a daily driver in the city

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
C'mon guys, don't beat up SWT RTD, he just noticed it went down and asked if anyone knew why. No wailing, gnashing of teeth, or renting of fabric, just a simple question.

Take my mileage for instance... uh, um, not a clue. :blush-anim-cl:

·
SSR Enthusiast
1,491 Posts
Highway: I have to get on the road for a hour to see 18... I can just hit 19 in time to fill up.

City: 15.8 is my long term daily driving average; stop and go simply isn’t friendly to fuel mileage avg. Of course mine is a little modded as well and still enjoying every minute.

·
Premium Member
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
C'mon guys, don't beat up SWT RTD, he just noticed it went down and asked if anyone knew why. No wailing, gnashing of teeth, or renting of fabric, just a simple question.

Take my mileage for instance... uh, um, not a clue.
Thanks Bruce. Feel like I should stand in the corner for being inquisitive. I watch my milage and if I see a drastic drop I know something is not up to par.

·
Spirited driver!
1,524 Posts
No reason not to question changes. I don't care what it gets but I monitor it out of curiosity/amusement. After I got a tune done by Joe Delano mine went up a bit (.5 on average). Just for comparison sake, on my 2,500 mile trip to Penticton, BC I ran 18.2 mpg. My typical mpg around town is 12.5 but that is because I really enjoy the sound it makes between 4,000-6,000 rpm. >:)

·
Premium Member
3,770 Posts
Yep when I asked about MPG I took some flack, but I kept hearing people say 21+ MPG and I was around 14.5 MPG.

With a good tune by Joe D and a gear change to 411's I now get on average 17.2 + MPG .On long drives about 18.4 MPG.

Much like SWT RYD , if there's a change in mileage I want to know why.

Not a question of $ or I wouldn't have the SSR, 69 El Camino Big Block or the fat assed Excursion we pull our trailer with.

·
Premium Member
5,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yep when I asked about MPG I took some flack, but I keep hearing people say 21+ MPG and I was around 14.5 MPG.

With a good tune by Joe D and a gear change to 411's I now get on average 17.2 + MPG .On ling drives about 18.4 MPG.

Much like SWT RYD , if there's a change in mileage I want to know why.

Not a question of $ or I wouldn't have the SSR, 69 El Camino Big Block or the fat assed Excursion we pull our trailer with.
Thanks Shak. Is your Excursion gas or diesel. My son has a Diesel 4x4 and I believe that thing would move a mountain.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts