Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
When my sending unit got squirrely, Chevy replaced the whole pump on their dime. I should think if the sending unit were available separately they would have gone the cheaper route. But maybe it's cheaper to have the tech just R&R the whole pump than spend time repairing the unit, I don't know.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
XO.....I agree but the pump is the heartbeat and the sending unit board looks like it can be changed out. When I get some time I’m going to see if they are available.

UPDATE....they are available for $18. I just ordered one for my used pump. They are PLUG & PLAY ad come with the tank gasket as well.

·
Premium Member
358 Posts
XO.....I agree but the pump is the heartbeat and the sending unit board looks like it can be changed out. When I get some time I’m going to see if they are available.

UPDATE....they are available for $18. I just ordered one for my used pump. They are PLUG & PLAY ad come with the tank gasket as well.
Specialty order through GM or available from 3rd party suppliers? Part number for archive purposes?

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I googled Chevy SSR fuel sending unit and several aftermarket suppliers came up from $18-$28.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I came across a Technical Service Bulletin or Recall about this same issue some time ago.
Unfortunately, I can't find it. But, it was up to the discretion of the Service Department
to fix it at no cost. This is the reason that I replaced my Fuel Pump when they had to drop the tank.
Preventative Maintenance prevents future problems. If I find it again, I will post it.

·
Premium Member
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The recall was good for 10 years or 100K from date of in service. I’m three years past that....but the pump did not fail which is fantastic.

·
Daily Driver
8,940 Posts
My letter says 10 year from date of service(bought an '06 in Nov '05 so from then) or 100,000 miles, and GM would pay 50%.
But when it happened to me when I picked it up they said GM decided they would pay 100%. I read some where the mileage was extended also but can't swear to that. Oh, they did say you don't have to be the original owner to qualify.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts