Chevy SSR Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
FWIW: My Z06 ECU “took a turn” a few months back while cruising down the road. The DIC said, Service Brakes, then the car began to lurch, the check engine light came on, and the engine went into limp mode and would not even idle. We coasted to the side of FM 518. I had it flat backed to the local dealer and told them the symptoms and then said, the ECU has an issue. After a week and a half with their Corvette expert, and many calls with the GM engineers, they worked their way to the ECU and finally replaced it. The tech felt so bad he didn’t charge me labor to do it. I ended up with a new MAF, MAP, throttle body and ECU and a bill for $3500.

I hope yours goes better.
============================

OMG, ROBERT!!!!! --- That story is horrible. $3500.00 WITHOUT labor charges????

I have horrible nightmares that don't go nearly that bad!!!!

●○● ~ Stay tuned. (and cross your fingers!!)

David

Attachments

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
9,123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Hmmm....

● ~ Well, I got my truck back last Tuesday with the "new" /(rebuilt) ECM and so far it is running fantastic. I feel the dealership (Buckalew Chevrolet), treated me very fairly. Finding where my truck's problems were coming from originally took some time and they had to contact GM Tecnical Support at several points along the way but never charged me for all those troubleshooting hours but only for actual installation labor time. They also sent my truck out for detail when they were finally finished.

As I said, I'm completely satisfied AT THIS POINT. I will continue to monitor and see if things last. The remanufactured ECM has a lifetime warranty so we will see.
And yes, my fingers are crossed at this point!!!!

Kudos go out to @TXNSSR for all his direction and encouragement. Thanks Robert. - (y) (y)(y)

David

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2006 SSR 6 SPEED BLACK OVER SILVER
76 Posts
Hmmm....

● ~ Well, I got my truck back last Tuesday with the "new" /(rebuilt) ECM and so far it is running fantastic. I feel the dealership (Buckalew Chevrolet), treated me very fairly. Finding where my truck's problems were coming from originally took some time and they had to contact GM Tecnical Support at several points along the way but never charged me for all those troubleshooting hours but only for actual installation labor time. They also sent my truck out for detail when they were finally finished.

As I said, I'm completely satisfied AT THIS POINT. I will continue to monitor and see if things last. The remanufactured ECM has a lifetime warranty so we will see.
And yes, my fingers are crossed at this point!!!!

Kudos go out to @TXNSSR for all his direction and encouragement. Thanks Robert. - (y) (y)(y)

David
Glad to hear that our local good ol Buckalew will not just turn their noses up immediately to our SSRs!! Hope to see / meet you @ breakfast on Saturday!!

·
Premium Member
2006 SLINGSHOT AUTOMATIC
182 Posts
The dealer won’t fix the wire, only replace the fuse box for $600 last I heard. The fuse box will fail when the R and or ambient air temp gets warm enough, and then will be “fixed’ when it cools off. When it is in failure state the R will turn over but not attempt to ‘catch’ and start. If you think, you’ve got that problem and want to discuss, shoot me a conversation with your number and I’ll give you a call. Robert
Hello Robert, Im having same problem on my 2006 SSR. If you get a few minutes I can be reached at 301-751-8246 Mikes Mid Life - Mike Petras - AF/Veteran Bryantown, Md thx

41 - 50 of 50 Posts