Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a fuse box decal made? My lid on my 04 has a broken tab. I got a replacement lid but need the decal for it printed wonder if anyone has any ideas where I could get it done.

·
BAD BOW TIE
10,587 Posts
Don't think they are available. Probably have to locate a good one and have a print shop copy it for you or try to copy it yourself. Maybe someone could send you a picture. Happy hunting.

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,068 Posts
Agree with Auggie I think old post said take picture and print. I assume you mean the under hood fuse box? Here is Kathy's '04

Nick

Attachments

·
Premium Member
630 Posts
Does anyone know where I might be able to get a fuse box decal made? My lid on my 04 has a broken tab. I got a replacement lid but need the decal for it printed wonder if anyone has any ideas where I could get it done.
I wonder if this is something @wizzr could duplicate/make?

·
Registered
2,706 Posts
I wonder if this is something @wizzr could duplicate/make?
The problem is, I don't do printing. All my work is done with cut vinyl. I looked at getting into the printing side of the biz a while back but the equipment cost were more than I wanted to shell out. Plus, the competition is plentiful and cut throat. There just ain't enough dollars in it to make it worthwhile for me.
That said, thanks for thinking of me.

·
Premium Member
830 Posts
I think there’s a shop here in little old Hollister that can reproduce them in sticky-back vinyl. I would need one for him to copy. The easiest would be to remove the one you have (heat?) and give it to him to copy. I had 20 stickers made to put in my engine compartment. They were $3.00 each. In my view even $10.00 a pop would be cheap. I can take my fuse box lid to him and find out what he thinks.

·
Las Vegas Mob
1,361 Posts
Not cheap by any means, but these folks can do it. Send them a clear photo of the sticker and they duplicate it to OEM standards: ecsvin.com

·
Premium Member
2004 Slingshot Yellow
1,871 Posts
If you have an ink jet printer you can print your own from a good photo using printable vinyl sticker paper. It works good and should hold up fine since it's not exposed to UV.

·
Registered
4 Posts
If your original lid simply has a broken tab, maybe you could carefully trim the plastic around that sticker & save it to use as a reference.

·
Premium Member
101 Posts
I had the same problem with mine an I bet the one that broke is the one closest to the firewall what I did on my was I found one off of a trailblazer same year as mine 05 and as you can see from the pics I cut the tab off the TB cover then trimmed it down to the size needed to fit on my SSR cover. The main thing is to make sure both the cover and trimmed tab are cleaned very good and then sanded and cleaned again with alcohol (not the drinking kind) and apply small amount of Super Glue to both pieces and press together keep the pressure on it for a couple of mins then set a side for 24 hrs so far I haven’t had any problems with the repair. Good luck with which ever way you go on the repair.

·
Premium Member
941 Posts
** UPDATE ** since I drew this from the picture in post #10, I cannot be 100% sure that the printed size is accurate. If someone can measure and post the outer dimensions of the actual decal from their 2003 or 2004 fuse box, I can make sure the image is sized accurately.
Thank you. I'm working on the 05-06 decal which measures at 6-5/8" x 4-3/4".

SSR 2003-2004 FUSE BOX DECAL ...
Attached is a .pdf file of the 2003-2004 fuse box decal that is suitable for printing. The image below is a LOW RESOLUTION SAMPLE so you can see what is in the ,pdf file. Print from the attached .PDF file.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,068 Posts
Kathy's '04 Tab, rear one, was broken off when we bought it 2-1-17. Still fits tight. NO problem yet, so no head ache. :p

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,303 Posts
SSR 2003-2004 FUSE BOX DECAL ...
Attached is a .pdf file of the 2003-2004 fuse box decal that is suitable for printing. The image below is a LOW RESOLUTION SAMPLE so you can see what is in the ,pdf file. Print from the attached .PDF file.
View attachment 582628
Very nice. Would you like to do one of the 05-06 as well?

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
9,931 Posts
I would think that there is a vinyl with adhesive back that could be put through a laser printer....... Another option is to take the PDF to a vinyl shop and have them print it for you......

just thinking out loud,

Mike

·
Spirited driver!
1,330 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts