Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, how do you get to the fuse box inside the car so i can attach the wires for my bluetooth?

thanks

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,254 Posts
Passenger seat forward, door on the passenger side of the waterfall panel. If you need to go deeper, I think you have to pull the waterfall.

Do you know exactly what you want to tie into?

Mike

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Now, how do i open the side of the fuse with the wires so i can plug my wire into an always active energy supply between 4-10 amps?

thanks

·
OP
8,226 Posts
clips

top and bottom clips are marked with arrows, cover comes off. You can find this info in the owner's manual as well...

·
Premium Member
2006 Aqua Blur 22578
1,437 Posts
crogan said:
Now, how do i open the side of the fuse with the wires so i can plug my wire into an always active energy supply between 4-10 amps?

thanks
Don't want to sound like I'm putting you down, but the questions you are asking begs the question...Are you confident and comfortable and skilled enough to be doing this? If you get on the wrong (hot) side of the fused circuit, you will not have fused protection on the wire you tap into.:nono You could fry electronics and/or leave the potential for a fire if you don't know what you are doing. Just don't want to see someone ruin their SSR.:cry My apologies if I'm stepping out of bounds.:)

·
Supporting SSR Hobbyist
10,254 Posts
crogan said:

thanks
I would strongly recommend that you tap into the Aux Power circuit. It has a 20 amp breaker and is powered 100% of the time. You will need to put an in-line fuse to protect your additional wiring and equipment, just at the point you tie in.

If the equipment is to be under the dash somwhere, I recommend connecting to the orange input wiring to either of the dash mounted aux power connectors. If you are installing somewhere else, it will be significantly more difficult or complicated to find good power.

Let me know If I can help more, I have a set of manuals at hand.

Mike

1 - 6 of 6 Posts