Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Growing Older but Not Up
1,350 Posts
Yeah

That's what I was concerned about, but its a great looking tire.

·
Premium Member
31,687 Posts
2005SSR6Speed said:
the 305/50R20 are almost 3" taller (32") then the stock tires (29.3"). This would cause a serious discrepency in your speedometer reading.
Not to mention that it probably would not fit in the wheel well. Any suspension movement would probably cause the tires to rub on something. Since the SSR isn't handy, just how much space is there from the front of the tire to the lip of the opening? I know that the forward gap is smaller than the rear gap, but is it to the tune of 1.5" or more?

It's not uncommon for a vehicle to come out and only have 1 (or maybe 2) tire choice for a few years. That's usually because that one tire make/model was designed in partnership between the tire company and the car company, and they'll want "exclusivity" for at least some time to help recoup costs. I remember when my friend bought his '96 Impala SS. The BFG Comp TA was the only tire in the proper size for many years. Not a bad tire, but they didn't last very long. Now, you can get many tires in the proper size. I can only surmise that we'll see the same thing happen after another year or 2. Until then, we either live with using the OE tire or buy something slightly different and get the computer reprogrammed appropriately (as long as it actually fits too).

·
Tu-Tone club member
5,780 Posts
big daddy....not only what 6speed said BUT they do not make a 19" tire for the front. FUZZY bought them for his truck in an 18" front when he went to Coddington wheels. Great match up.

P/P

Peace :flag

·
Enjoying life as it comes
5,208 Posts
tires

big-daddy said:
These to add a little more beef on the rear, anyone else tried this tire or size?
http://www.newstalgiawheel.com/productdetails.asp?id=2814

I have the 295/45/vr20 KDW2 on the rear and they fit great. THEY ARE ONLY 1/2" Taller than stock when mounted on the 20x10 rim.smooth ride, great traction wet or dry, and so far terriffic tread wear (used only 1 tenth after 10,000 miles)

As far as the 19" fronts. yuo can get one that is close to stock in the KDW2. I had to go with the 18" frt due to the wheel choice only being available in 18"at the time.

Gotta love these BF. G's

1 - 7 of 7 Posts