Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The big dogs need to put a stop to this, in the long run it will only hurt the sales of the SSR and bring it to an early end like the Prowler ( dealers ripping buyers off ) and the Thunderbird ( again dealers ripping buyers off ). My wish for New Years is that all the rip off dealers go bankrupt soon.

Al
P.S. e-mail G.M. and let them know you're not happy with the way some dealers are handling the sales of the SSR.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
People need to stop buying vehicles from dealers that are ripping people off.

·
Registered
705 Posts
Just don't shop there. In a true capitalistic system, it does not matter who sells what for how much. The market would dictate the price. I have no problems with those dealers who sell for more than MSRP, but maybe that's because I got mine already at MSRP :cheers

I also hope GM sticks to plan and stop making SSRs in 5 years.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
redssrloaded, I understand what you're saying but I have to disagree, customers who pay 5 to 10K over MSRP will become bitter over time ( if not as soon as they buy there SSR ) not only with the dealer but also with there new SSR and G.M. for allowing this to happen. Many buyers and lookers don't know there's a better deal out there, maybe some would say that's there problem but that's not the way I see it. Unfortunately this forum doesn't allow me the words I'd like to say about these dealers, hell it might even be illegal to say it. Believe me if G.M. wanted to stop this they could, give them a call or e-mail them. Thanks for listening.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
Survey

I was called last week by "the survey people" asking how I liked the SSR and if I had any problems. I made sure that I mentioned that I did not like having to search for a dealer that would sell me the SSR for MSRP.

·
Registered
110 Posts
dealers are like people

There are all kinds of dealers out there. I was lucky enough to find one that actually sold me mine at approximately $2000.00 below msrp.

They do the same with Corvettes.

They dont haggle much with you, but I think they set a bottom price for each vehicle and pretty much put that number right on the windshield, usually a couple thousand less than msrp (depending on vehicle of course)

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
geunther, Now that's a good dealer, how about passing along the name of the dealer for those that are still looking. I was a local dealer today and asked what there selling the SSR for, the salesman said they have a red 03 for MSRP. The salesman name is Richard Adado at Shaheen Chevrolet in Lansing, Mi, phone 517-394-0330 or direct line 517-272-6538.

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
All the local dealers in my area are asking 10-16K over MSRP. If someone is willing to pay it so be it. I will not. Thanks to a couple of salesmen that posted on this site, I found an 03 for MSRP. I do have to travel 5 states away, and I'm talking the big states, not those little ones on the east coast :). The flight only cost me $167.50 and I will spend four days visiting my sister who lives near this dealer. If Chevy produces another automobile that I like (the 04 Nomad concept is cool) I will give the out of state dealer a call. I will remember that the local dealers were greedy. They have not earned my good will. The out of state dealer has.

I also plan to stop by the local dealers in my shiney new SSR and give them a nice big smile.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I paid $7,500.00 over MSRP, I love my red ssr

What bothers me is that I own a construction company and
have purchased 11 vehicles over the past two years showing loyalty to GM, all high end trucks, the chevy ssr is in fact on
the low end. I was told that there were only 500 being pro-
duced by GM in 2003, a complete lie as I was soon to find
out, I don't regret my purchase but I DON'T APPRECIATE the
deception. What really pissed me off is that today I stopped
at another dealership in north jersey, looking at a black SSR
and was given the same line of BS that only 500 were being
made in 2003, my response shame on dealerships that
stoop to those levels, "what goes around comes around",
by the way the black SSR was only $5,000.00 over MSRP,
and I would have taken it too if it wasn't for the con.

T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
BAD DEALERS

Was the dealer Multi cheverlet you should give the names of these scumbeg dealers so everbody can no. They give G.M. a bad name.You should have shoped around you could have gotten one for MSRP. but you might of had to travel. My only hope is they all starve".:angel :eek

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Re: BAD DEALERS

Tattooexpert said:
My only hope is they all starve".:angel :eek

Now that's what I'm talking about. :cheers

N

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
The lies the salesmen tell are unbelievable! One told me they were only making 2500 and that was it. Another told me only 3000, and they were at the same dealer. They didn't like me hanging around because I was telling people the FACTS about the SSR.

GM should be told about these highly deceptive practices at these dealerships. I'd post the name of the dealer but I don't know if it is appropriate.

·
Registered
566 Posts
03 listed as an 04 on EBAY

Just looked over at EBAY....theres a black one with 152 miles

on it going as new and 10th digit is an 03..maybe the dealer

really doesnt know the difference??????

Ladyinred:angel

1 - 15 of 15 Posts