Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Gauge Package

GAUGE PACKAGE

I received the gauge package today I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to get after ordering. Only took 3 days once the dealer figured out how to order it. The MSRP was $310.00 my dealer charged me $270.00 and another $140.00 to install. For you do it yourselfers, it did not look that difficult, one plug for all three gauges, a mounting bracket and the gauges with housing. Looks great and really adds a nice look to the console

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Lookin Gooooood !!

That's a real nice touch. :thumbs

I'll b lookin 4 1 of'm soon.

:cool

·
Registered
4,175 Posts
Very Cool, need to add that to My SSR.........:cool

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Part #

Do you have the part #?? What year is your SSR

Had a service on mine today and have a few warranty items ordered - I'd like to add the guage package too.

Getting new floormats (fraying)
drivers side door seal (not leaking - just had a couple 'bubbles??? - didn't look right)
Ashtray - broken
Dash cupholder - is sticky...

Hell - if that's all I have to squak about, I guess I can't complain.

I think I'm gonna keep my 03 SSR - something about a first year release vehicle outweighs a 5.7 or 6.0 engine..........

·
Registered
541 Posts
rhobbel said:
GAGE PACKAGE

I received the gage package today I was told it would take 1-2 weeks to get after ordering. Only took 3 days once the dealer figured out how to order it. The MSRP was $310.00 my dealer charged me $270.00 and another $140.00 to install. For you do it yourselfers, it did not look that difficult, one plug for all three gages, a mounting bracket and the gages with housing. Looks great and really adds a nice look to the consel
Nice. Questions that come to mind are -

1. Are the wires already under the center console? Just plug it in and install?

2. What is the part number?

3. Can you still open the ashtray?

4. Where does my wife put her SSR hat if I add these? She has one of these to keep her hair more under control when riding with the top down, and it usually sits at the end of the console.

Diggs

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
kwhopper89 said:
Do you have the part #?? What year is your SSR

I have an 03 SSR # 2400 The part number for Gage Package is 10387279 Some dealers may not show it yet and may tell you it is not available yet. Be persistant because it is available and may just not show up in their computer yet.

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Diggs said:
Nice. Questions that come to mind are -

1. Are the wires already under the center console? Just plug it in and install?

2. What is the part number?

3. Can you still open the ashtray?

4. Where does my wife put her SSR hat if I add these? She has one of these to keep her hair more under control when riding with the top down, and it usually sits at the end of the console./QUOTE]

1. Yes the male plug is already under dash only have to plug it in to gage package

2. Part # is 10387279

3. Does not interfere with ashtray however when ashtray is open you can't see gages.

4. Your wife may have to start wearing the SSR hat when the top is up (besides the gages look a lot nicer than the hat at the end of the console)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
rhobbel said:
GAGE PACKAGE

The MSRP was $310.00 my dealer charged me $270.00 and another $140.00 to install.

Just curious - did you originally order the guage package when you ordered your SSR? If so, shouldn't GM have had it istalled for you?

Just got off the phone w/ my service/parts dept - part is on backorder - with no estimated date of shipment...

I ordered the package when I ordered my SSR - and deducted the price when it didn't ship with the truck in November. I think that GM should pay for the install...

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
kwhopper89 said:
Just curious - did you originally order the guage package when you ordered your SSR? If so, shouldn't GM have had it istalled for you?
No, It wasn't originally ordered on my truck. I tried to get it but was not available at the time. If they are telling you it is not available try a different dealer they tried to tell me that also until I showed them the memo from GM showing it was in fact available.

·
Registered
601 Posts
Frist of all rhobbel, I like the gauge package. It looks great. I think that I might have to try to get one know.

Second Diggs, where did you and your wife get your hats from. I have been trying to find one local, with no luck.

·
Premium Member
2,252 Posts
SSR hat

Go to www.ssrstuff.com My wife got me the hat, nylon jacket and the T shirt for my birthday.

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Gage or is it gauge?

This little package is totally useless, right? :yawn

Sure looks cool, right? :cool

Cool is a use, right? :lol

·
Premium Member
3,364 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
zainossr said:
This little package is totally useless, right? :yawn

Sure looks cool, right? :cool

Cool is a use, right? :lol
Yes, I stand corrected proper spelling is GAUGE ( spelling was never my strong suit!) Is it totally useless? well I guess you don't really need to know the Transmission temp, or the gallons of gas consummed per hour. The voltage meter is helpful though. Is it worth the $400.00 bucks it ended up costing me with installation? TO ME IT IS AND I GUESS THATS ALL THAT MATTERS!

·
Registered
98 Posts
Bought my gauges from a dealer on ebay who sells a number of items for the SSR, including floor mats, car cover, and gauges.
Haven't received them yet but the dealer said they were a simple install and the wiring harness is there to just be plugged in.
I had ordered my '03 with the gauges but they weren't available at the time of manufacture.
I think they definitely look cool and will investigate perhaps different gauges to replace the gallons per hour. Who thought of that one any way??????
BTW, just used the spell checker and had to add "SSR". Imagine that!!
:flag
Happy Memorial Day to all, and THANKS to all our veterans. I for one appreciate your service to our great country.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Guage Package

Hey Mike...

All the dealers in this part of NJ are lost in space when it comes to anything related to an SSR. What was the E-Bay site? We've got a very early '03 and liked the look of the guages when we first saw them on the 'auto show' prototypes.

By the way, we have to figure where to hang the hat too!

·
Registered
349 Posts
Gauge Package

It looks like it doesn't matter what color the vehicle is. Am I right? Is the same gauge package used in all colors, and does it fit my '03 as well as the '04's? :thumbs

·
Registered
222 Posts
1 size fits ALL !!!!

1 size fits ALL !!!! :thumbs N all the same color 2. :rolleyes:

:cool

·
Premium Member
1,288 Posts
Guage Color

:) :) :) :)

For 2005 the VXK option will include a... body-color auxiliary guage package housing. Most likely there will be a part # for a package with the body color in the furure. For those who may want to have a matching color guage package, it may pay to wait a bit.

:cool :cool :cool

·
Premium Member
2,668 Posts
Gauge package

Here is a response from a dealer that sells on ebay. His first email said that he is awaiting his next shipment. Here is the second email.

I have those for $285 with shipping.

Denver Morford
Barry Chevrolet Chrysler Dodge Jeep
www.factorycustoms.com
509-754-2411

1 - 20 of 100 Posts