Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had a Hands on today at Dicktator's.

Changed some Accent (Puddle) lights for Chuckster, cleared check engine light for Roland, sprayed Bed release module for Alex and diagnosed a repair for Don on his Bed Release Module.

Jeffanatic stopped by to say Hi. It was really good to see him.

Dicktator

1.Marv, Alex, Dean, Roland, Dicktator, Jeffantic, Chuckster and Don
2. Marv, Roland, Dicktator and Jeffantic
3. Chuck working on door, Dean instructing.
4. Dicktator w/Tech2 clearing "check engine" for Roland watching.
5. Alex, Chuck everyone else back turned.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
26,550 Posts
Had a Hands on today at Dicktator's.

Changed some Accent (Puddle) lights for Chuckster, cleared check engine light for Roland, sprayed Bed release module for Alex and diagnosed a repair for Don on his Bed Release Module.

Jeffanatic stopped by to say Hi. It was really good to see him.

Dicktator

1.Marv, Alex, Dean, Roland, Dicktator, Jeffantic, Chuckster and Don
2. Marv, Roland, Dicktator and Jeffantic
3. Chuck working on door, Dean instructing.
4. Dicktator w/Tech2 clearing "check engine" for Roland watching.
5. Alex, Chuck everyone else back turned.
Dick, what do you use to spray the bed release module? which parts do you spray? Anything that moves? One of mine is sluggish when it is used more than once or twice in a short time period. PM is OK if it is secret.

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
You guys have all the fun. OK, maybe I'm just a little jealous 'cause when I go out to tinker in the garage, it's just ME! New Mexico truly is a third world country (with NO SSR's)...LOL!

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Dick, what do you use to spray the bed release module? which parts do you spray? Anything that moves? One of mine is sluggish when it is used more than once or twice in a short time period. PM is OK if it is secret.
Dwight, Not a secret in fact more information on How to Library, Bed Release Actuator.

We found that DW40 SILICONE SPRAY seems to work best, why? Dries with no residue, just silicone coating.

Open door on Bed Module, spray latch and using FOB, press "open" Plastic shaft will come out of actuator, SPRAY it. It retracts by spring, not power.

Because "shaft" on actuator is PLASTIC it doesn't slide well. Retraction spring gets weak, it is a coil spring like a clock.

Dicktator

Attachments

·
Premium Member
512 Posts
Great to see everyone again during the hot summer months. Haven't seen Jeff in some time and he still looks the same.

Keep in mind that you're part of the "fix and repair" team when working on your truck or helping with a concern of a fellow owner. You're there because you want to learn what makes the truck go and share knowledge no matter your skills or abilities. This means, you don't sit in a chair or take a nap while others work on your truck! If you wish to do that, then take it to a dealer. This in not what goes on at Dictators I can tell you that! We're there to listen and learn and share our friendship. Ok, I vented!

·
SSR Pit Crew
11,565 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Alex, yes, and this applies to Hands on Tech Day when we have one.

One coming Sat. Sept. 28th, see thread under FLORIDA.

Bring your tools, old clothes, YOU will be working on YOUR SSR.

That said, if physicaly you can't work on your R, you can hold the flash light or tools for us.

Ask the "R"gang in Orlando, better come to work, not to be waited on!

Dicktator

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
4 Participants
Dicktator
Chevy SSR Forum
Chevy SSR Forum - where SSR fans discuss modifications, wheel & tire tech, performance and so much more!
Full Forum Listing