Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
Search old posts here or google operators manual for your vehicle. It is explained in detail, step by step.
:frown2:
Good luck, I've got the same problem and am waiting till nicer weather to (again) try to resolve getting it to all work. Had a lightening strike in Spring of last yr that wiped out TVs and recievers and amongst other stuff, two of my four garage door openers.

So, I have two of one brand and now two of another............have not yet been able to make 'em work.:|

·
Premium Member
2,073 Posts
If you have a relatively new garage door opener, you may need to buy a repeater to work with vehicles older than 2010. I had to buy one for my opener when I installed the new Chamberlain garage door opener in February of 2016. The part is called Homelink Repeater, at cost about $25.00. I bought the opener at Home Depot, they knew about the repeater but did not carry it in the local store. I had to order it direct from Chanberlain. The part comes with instructions but you still need to follow the programming instructions found on pages 2-30 thru 2-34 of your owners manual. If you do not have an owners manual, PM me your EMAIL address and I will scan those pages and send them to you.

·
Registered
26 Posts
In 2006, all garage door openers had to have 'rolling code' encryption. This made my 2005 SSR incompatible with my new door opener. The fix for me was box that received the signal from the truck and then sent a correct signal to the opener. You will have to do some research on your type of opener and see if the manufacturer makes an "adapter". Hope this points in the right direction of the problem/fix.

·
RED SLED
439 Posts
My 03 was a piece of cake to program. Followed the instructions in the owners manual and programmed both openers for each door. My openers are only 4-5 years old.

·
Premium Member
572 Posts
Put your SSR outside the garage
Set up a ladder to access the Garage door opener "Learn" button.
Turn the SSR ignition ON.
Press and hold down the two outside SSR Homelink buttons until the light blinks. (about 20 seconds)
Hold the Garage door opener next to the Homelink button you want to program - press the Homelink button and the Garage door opener button until the Homelink light blinks.
Press the "Learn" button on the Garage door opener.
Press the Homelink button you programmed (you may need to press the Homelink button more than once)
TA-DA

·
Premium Member
7,280 Posts
Excellent advice Ed. Works every times or at least it did for me about 9 years ago when I got my SSR. I also got the front gate programmed on the 3rd button. Bob :ssr

1 - 13 of 13 Posts