Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well the wait is over - the new garage is done. Just in time for the next storm later tonight. Dime size hail 'bout 30 miles west earlier this evening.

My wife said I could use the new garage since the power isn't in yet - so she'd have to manually open the roll-up, Humm - maybe no power out there isn't bad... :reddevil

Now it's time to decide how to do the interior - as I've seen too many great ideas on this site.

:flag

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,609 Posts
Nice work!

Hey Keith,

I have been following your build process and I am very pleased with your final product! :thumbs I think your SSR will be well protected from the elements and wild birds etc ...
:yesnod

Ps. Show us a photo of her parked inside too! :)

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like I said - the interior is still "under-construction" - and I'm open to suggestions...

Haven't decided on flooring. Tiles sound good - but a bit pricy - saw a nice roll-out matt in a Corvette accessory book. Ideas?

Did ya notice the cat/dog action in the earlier post????? :boxing

Attachments

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,609 Posts
Trained Guard Animals?

kwhopper89 said:
Did ya notice the cat/dog action in the earlier post????? :boxing
Yes I see that wild action... looks like the cat is eyeing up your dog while his head appears to be stuck in a hole in the fense too?

·
Premium Member
9,351 Posts
Hey, Keith

Did mine with a high quality vinyl tile - not a good idea. Looked great when I did it, but unless you have an extremely clean approach, and clean the tires before driving in, the vinyl really takes a beating, and loses its appeal fairly quickly. It also needs to be cleaned and re-waxed. Haven't done it yet, but I'm not sure how well it would restore.

I have a friend who did his in a white epoxy, then did the checkerboard in black, followed by a couple coats of clear epoxy. Looks awesome, stays looking good, and if it starts to scratch up, you just need to add another layer of clear. It's pretty much bulletproof.

We're building a new house this fall, and the garage will definitely be done in epoxy.

Ray

·
Registered
35 Posts
:thumbs
I would do the floor with one of those do-it-yourself epoxies. For a more "show" look, you can't beat the ubiquitous checkered flag look.

And you must have small refrigerator for beer! ;) :cool

·
Registered
288 Posts
Here is the floor I put down for my 1931 Chevrolet. :cool :cool

·
Premium Member
321 Posts
You need a couple of these...

Plan on doing my floor with the 2 part epoxy gray paint. They give you multi color flakes to put down and it looks like a dealer showroom when done. Made by rustoleum. Have to wait till spring though. Needs to be 60 degrees or up. My garages got done too late in November to start the floor. Love my backyard buddy lifts. Makes a two car garage into a four car.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Floors

Have you thought of staineing the concrete floor . It looks like marble and will last for ever .The weight of cars will not hurt finish , easy to do it yourself. :) :seeya

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,609 Posts
Marble floor?

Furykay said:
Have you thought of staineing the concrete floor . It looks like marble and will last for ever...
Hey Furykay got a photo of that marble looking floor? :)

·
0 Posts
SSR Banner

Looks like you need one of my SSR banners for inside of your new garage! check them out in the SSR cars for sale!

·
Premium Member
1,890 Posts
Floor finish

I will try to post a picture tomorrow ,I am out of town right now Will be my first try :seeya :angel

·
Registered
1,502 Posts
Or even a large one.

Bimota Guy said:
And you must have small refrigerator for beer! ;) :cool
Or, even a large one. One garage I visited last year had a full size refer for beer. It was used to store an entire keg, with the tap mounted in the door.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
I did mine in cheap peel and stick form home depot. I have had it down 2 years and it still looks good. I was very tough on it when building my teardrop and it held up pretty good. People walking by always comment on how cool it looks. Every four months or so I'll run a wet mop over it with a little simple green in the water.

·
Registered
213 Posts
Nice floor!

Nice floor SSRJIM, wondering what the grey divider in the picture is? How did you prepare your floor.

·
Registered
1,757 Posts
rj5620 said:
Nice floor SSRJIM, wondering what the grey divider in the picture is? How did you prepare your floor.
That is the expansion joint, I didn't think I should tile over it. If I were doing it again I might try a foam filler tube strip I've seen at the home depot and tile over it.

I just cleaned it really well with concrete cleaner and a pressure washer.

·
SSR Owners Group
3,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Lots of ideas - thanks...

Has anybody tried this? http://www.madvet.com/shop?frame=1.64.161

Mid America Motorworks has tons of Corvette stuff - nothing specific to the SSR yet...

Center Stage Parking Carpet is ideal for customizing your garage or basement, and will make your Corvette an absolute standout at shows. Heavy-pile, automotive grade carpet is great for use indoors, yet is also durable enough for outdoor use with its UV-protected, fade-resistant construction. Made of 100% olifin with marine backing and a heavy duty undercoating to effectively combat water, mildew and stains. Massive 10' x 16' mat consists of two, standard 2' x 16' black sides and one 6' x 16' center section, available in your choice of Red, Charcoal, Dark Blue or Oak. All sections are manufactured together for a finished, professionally bound piece that's ready to roll out and enjoy.

Attachments

·
Registered
413 Posts
I covered part of mine with 4X10 sheets of polished aluminum tread plate Just lay it on floor and butt against each other looks great and indestructable Price about same as the snap together blocks

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts