Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Since tonight we are suppose to get some really cold wind chill factors of between -20F to -30F :frozen: I thought I would share a rare short warmer weather video of my SSR :silver: actually being caught coming back home on my NEST Door bell camera.

Now, if you want to watch this short video please wait until the very end to hear the sweet sounds of an 04 SSR exhaust. :D

·
Genuinely SSR Obsessed
8,553 Posts
No worries, Marc.

I, too have 'labored' under the dreaded negatively-viewed moniker of Garage Queen..........

~~~~~ 2019-01-20-16-52-38-224779202.png ~~~~~​

★☆★ - "Never let them see you sweat!!" - :glol

=================
David :black:
2019-01-20-08-17-20-440775078.jpeg - "None shall pass!!"

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Dang it! MY Youtube links are failing to load properly. :banghead

UPDATE: MY youtube videos work on other forums so there is an issue with our ssrfanatic website. :(

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
Video works here just no sound.

Nick

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
2006 Pacific Blue times 23198 & 21474
28,557 Posts
I Got the same results - if it was actually running , not coasting !! >:)

With less than 200 miles a year , the chances of catching it running aren't as good as filming BIGFOOT!!! :lol:blur::ssr
A few years ago i went by and Marc actually got his :silver: out of the garage for me. He also showed me all the memorabilia he has including the book of photos that qualify his "Garage Queen" as The Pedigree SSR. The book follows the production of his specific SSR through production from start to finish.

I saw the video and at the end the exhaust sound. I too have a garage Queen or have been accused of having one .
I too saw the silent :silver: turn into the driveway and disappear behind the corner of the building and then heard the sound of an engine just before the end of the video. Not quite sure what Marc was expecting us to see and hear but if he had not complained I would say it was working.

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,557 Posts
My garage queen sleep in my garage every night. He is driven5 day a week. Do not understand why we buy a vehicle and not drive it. Maybe it's just me but the more it's seen the more it's admired. Just sayin.
I can understand your theory, but I also understand those who do not drive their prize a lot. When I got mine it was a "week-ends & special occasions" vehicle and always garaged when not in use. That was because I was still working and where I worked I had to park in the same lot as the big Electric Company trucks and all the stuff that did or might fall off of them. Once I retired it became a daily driver. Now I have a back-up and drive it once or twice a month to keep it healthy.

·
BLU SSR
3,537 Posts
I can understand your theory, but I also understand those who do not drive their prize a lot. When I got mine it was a "week-ends & special occasions" vehicle and always garaged when not in use. That was because I was still working and where I worked I had to park in the same lot as the big Electric Company trucks and all the stuff that did or might fall off of them. Once I retired it became a daily driver. Now I have a back-up and drive it once or twice a month to keep it healthy.
I understand both the Garage Queen and Drive It schools of thought , that is why I subscribed to the Dwight(BlueStreak) methodology of "Have Your Cake and Eat It Too" . I bought one to drive and one to keep nice in reserve in case my driver wears out before I do!
Most Important thing is : It's your Toy , Play with it however you want ! :grin2::blur::ssr

·
Premium Member
'06 FPR Smokin Asphalt; '04 Ulta Violet
4,614 Posts
Video works here just no sound.

Nick
I watched it 3 times all the way to the end using 3 different links making sure the volume was turned up. THIS morning I watched and HEARD it. :puzzled:

Nick

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Sure, I half jokingly lament poor SSRs not getting fresh air, but I subscribe to the you-paid-for-it-you-can-do-any-damn-thing-you-want-with-it school of thought.

For me, this is the convertible El Camino I always wanted, so I drive it everywhere all the time. The scumbag politicians won't let me build a garage, I live next to a creek where it's always damp, when my folks were alive it meant at least three trips to New England in the dead of winter salt season, and plenty of salt season here.

Not in concourse condition but looks and runs good, gets lots of compliments, and makes me happy. Can't ask for more than that from any vehicle.

·
Administrator
PEDIGREE SSR
8,648 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Can I ask those members who were able to see the video clip what web browser(s) are you using?

I use Microsoft Edge and I still cannot see the video playing. :(

·
One of the SoCal Nuts
28,557 Posts
Sure, I half jokingly lament poor SSRs not getting fresh air, but I subscribe to the you-paid-for-it-you-can-do-any-damn-thing-you-want-with-it school of thought.

For me, this is the convertible El Camino I always wanted, so I drive it everywhere all the time. The scumbag politicians won't let me build a garage, I live next to a creek where it's always damp, when my folks were alive it meant at least three trips to New England in the dead of winter salt season, and plenty of salt season here.

Not in concourse condition but looks and runs good, gets lots of compliments, and makes me happy. Can't ask for more than that from any vehicle.
Bruce, I must say that for the abuse you have described You should be very proud of the way your SSR looks and behaves.

Can I ask those members who were able to see the video clip what web browser(s) are you using?

I use Microsoft Edge and I still cannot see the video playing. :(
Marc, I watched it the first time using Chrome through AOL and went back again to make sure Worked both times. Then I opened Edge and plugged in the link from your post and it worked just fine. I even heard what I think was the garage door opening at the very beginning. Hope this help the trouble shooting.

Reactions: Marc NY

·
Daily Driver
8,958 Posts
Chrome on Verizon Fios had no sound until the last second, that I could hear.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts