Chevy SSR Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finished off the inside of my garage this past winter and spring and thought you may enjoy seeing the finished product. The floor is the new Rustoleum Epoxy Shield coating from Home Depot.

Let's see some more of your interior "Garage Mahal" pics---! :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
Garage ain't Mahal

Mine is a combination woodshop and golf club building/repair shop. It's why the SSR is in the driveway under the Calcarcover. I'd post a pic but I don't think I could get me and the camera in there at the same time - too tight.

·
Registered
10,950 Posts
garage

Yeah, if I had a garage like that, I could actually park my SSR in it!!
:lol

·
Administrator
8,205 Posts
Nice! MORE MORE

WOW nice 3 car garage.... :cool I used to have 3 stalls too... then I added to my kitchen and expanded into the garage area. So now I only have a 2 1/2 garage. :cry

Like that flooring... would you have a closer shot of the floor to see how it looks? How much might that cost to do that if I may ask??? Does it hold up well with the tires turning or sitting for long periods of time etc etc. ????

Does anyone else here have shots of their garages??? Would be neat to see different ones to get ideas on how I might want to do mine up.

I have a friend that has a red SSR in a garage fit for living... walls with photos and floor has black and white squares with a chevy bowtie in red squares... SHARP too!

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Floor details

Floor details: yes, I installed the colored blue and black "flecks" which adds visual and slip-resistance value.

I started by buying 4 kits (each kit claimed to do about a single standard garage bay) to do nearly 1,000 sq feet at $60 kit. Then, a couple of weeks later, Rustoleum comes out with, and HomeDepot is selling a larger kit for only $~90 that is big enough to do a 2 1/2 car garage. That would have cut my costs dramatically if I had bought that from the start. Note, there is a similar product for basement floors--be sure to buy the one specifically for the GARAGE.

Anyhow, probably due to my particular cement characteristics, some dull spots came through the first coat and I decided, per Rustoleum's suggestion as well, to apply a second coat. So, all in all, and including another kit I bought to do the 6" or so of foundation walls exposed, I have about $400 invested. All the other options I was interested in were at least 3x-8x more expensive than that.

With all that hardened and thickened epoxy it appears to be a very durable finish. I have not damaged it in any way with the tires, but it's only been down a few weeks. Bottom line, however, is that for the reasonable costs involved I am not at all adverse to re-painting it every spring if that's what it takes to keeping the garage looking fresh and clean. With the new double kit selling for under $100 this is as good of a looking and as durable of a floor anywhere. Those that have seen it really like it alot. It comes in tan or gray.

I am not at my home PC right now. Within a few days I will post some close up shots of the specks and surface color.

Thanks for the kind remarks. It has taken me the 10 years since building the garage to get it looking like this. All good things take time, right...

·
Premium Member
3,665 Posts
shop

When I moved into this house ten years ago, before I moved anything into the garage I put down two coats of epoxy paint (1st one was clear and the second gray). I have a woodshop and golf club make/repair shop in there and have spilled every vile thing known to mankind on that floor - including stains, turps, mineral spirits, oil, cleaners, etc. As long as you wipe fairly soon - nothing has marred that finish.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
You guys with garages are killing me. I can't believe I bought a house that has 3400 sqft, but a 1 1/2 garage that my wife has claimed for her Envoy. :mad

Mike :cool

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This is my 3 car garage but next to it at 90 degrees is another 2 car garage.

Attachments

·
Registered
222 Posts
Winters' comin'

Russr,

Ya know winter is jus round the corner 4 u. :reddevil Sept 1st or so, right? :yesnod

Anyway, I'm here in Sunny, warm n cozy South Florida :cool n I was thinkin that u cud cum on down n do my little 2 car garage like u did ur's. I got a spare bedroom n free breakfast on the house. N if u do a real good job, I'll throw in a date with my X, :thumbs if that doesn't cause u any probs at home. :nono

Look 4ward 2 hearing from u. :thumbs :thumbs

:cool

·
Registered
349 Posts
Garage Size

I am in the process of moving from Corona, CA to Flagstaff, AZ. When I tried to find a house with a 4 car garage like I have in CA, the realtor(s) looked at me like I was nuts! I was extremely lucky to get a 3 car with no room for expansion.

I did find one house where the guy who built it put all the living space on the second floor over a 12 car garage, but wifey and the price nixed that option.

You just can't have enough garage! :lol

·
Registered
413 Posts
this is where my ssr lives 2100 sq ft heat and ac bigscreen suround sound and cold beverages LIFE IS GOOD when its not here its upstairs in the other garage (1000 sq ft) with the tahoe

·
Registered
222 Posts
Garage????!!!!

Hey...I wanna live in ur garage. :thumbs :thumbs :thumbs I promise not 2 make a mess n I'll clean the cars everyday. Promise!!!!! :yesnod

:cool :flag :)

1 - 20 of 22 Posts